GDT: ECF: Game 1 - New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
And if they scored on the ensuing powerplay, we're probably back at the Garden for game 5.
Teams know better than to score when the big boy is in the box. Dmen at the point handle the puck like a grenade anxiously anticipating him exiting the box and skating full steam ahead at them, because of his blatant disregard for rules they know he may leave the box at any moment and it keeps them on their toes

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
How come the cats have so many more scratched players than us? Is there no limit on # of players on your playoff roster?

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Also, isn't Chytil available?

Again, there's your answer.

You can't even use the "I just hate Brodzinski" excuse.

I hate Kakko. I'm still putting him in the lineup over a guy that won't be on the ice.

tlk

Zeev Buium appreciation corps
Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
There's no excuse to not have Chytil in. He's training with the team hence he must be fit and ready. Lavi just being conservative. But I don't see how's a fit Filda not in over Wenny or Rosy.

Remps barely played and that was predictable. What is sad is that he had to be replaced with Brodz.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
There's no excuse to not have Chytil in. He's training with the team hence he must be fit and ready. Lavi just being conservative. But I don't see how's a fit Filda not in over Wenny or Rosy.

Remps barely played and that was predictable. What is sad is that he had to be replaced with Brodz.
He's all but confirmed playing.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
If we show up game 1 and lay an egg with zero energy, emotion, and Florida is in Bully mode that's when you'd see Rempe game 2. He's a break glass weapon at this point. Otherwise a 4 minute game player that you will only play when up or down multiple goals is a detriment.

Ps I love Rempe but people need to understand reality.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
The only way Rempe is getting a game going forward is if they need to shake something up.

Chytil is back, seemingly so is Wheeler. And Brodzinki has more trust from Lavi

Some of you don’t need to screech about Rempe every game
To be clear I agree with this entirely. It’s the notion that Rempe wasn’t useful in round 1 that I disagree with.

Reactions: bhamill and Atax

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If we show up game 1 and lay an egg with zero energy, emotion, and Florida is in Bully mode that's when you'd see Rempe game 2. He's a break glass weapon at this point. Otherwise a 4 minute game player that you will only play when up or down multiple goals is a detriment.

Ps I love Rempe but people need to understand reality.
Even if he just took a regular shift, I'd be fine with him being in.

We already know how Lavi is going to use him. All due respect to Lavi, nothing drives me up the wall more than coaches dressing guys they won't use. If that's how you feel, then surely you can find somebody better.

Rempe can't do what people describe from the bench.

It would be like playing Zibanejad 4-5 minutes and saying "ah yes, but the defense has to be aware that he could score a goal!"

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
voodoo-doll-florida.gif

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Not against Carolina they f***ing didn't!

We'll get our chances early, and we have to win those games.

If our powerplay starts 4 for 9 like it did last series, the penalties are gonna get turned off in the options menu like they did last series.
We got the call we needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: FUZfan

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I would rather fans be positive and confident than scared little bitches. Respect the opponent, yes, but they can absolutely be beat. The Rangers were also coming off of two tough 7 game, come from behind series before the Tampa series. A series in which they were clearly gassed as it progressed. Not the case this time.
Going into the series with eyes open is not being a "scared little bitch."

At least not imo. It will be an interesting series. If FLA is what they say they will be a unique challenge for us. Word is they make plays around the net better than CAR. If so they will test our defense & transition.

I'm looking forward to it.

Reactions: bl02

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'll be happy if they just call crosschecking.

I get that interference is a bit fuzzy and it's a contact sport. I like seeing guys battle for the puck.

How they miss like 90% of crosschecks is beyond me.

My favorite is when Kuznetsov got called for a penalty and Ferraro is like "the crosscheck is fine, the slash is not" and I'm like "Ferraro, you f***ing pineapple, the CROSSCHECK IS FINE????!!"

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'll be happy if they just call crosschecking.

I get that interference is a bit fuzzy and it's a contact sport. I like seeing guys battle for the puck.

How they miss like 90% of crosschecks is beyond me.

My favorite is when Kuznetsov got called for a penalty and Ferraro is like "the crosscheck is fine, the slash is not" and I'm like "Ferraro, you f***ing pineapple, the CROSSCHECK IS FINE????!!"

A crosscheck to the lower ribs/back doesn't look bad on camera but it's lowkey a dirty play almost akin to a spear.

I can't believe how common it is at the NHL level. In the NCAA you'd get threatened with a 5 minute major and tossed from the game if you did it repeatedly.

As far as Florida, looking up and down their roster, I actually like our 4th line better than theirs. Any time those two get matched up I thinkk plays to our advantage, even if it's only 6-7 shifts a game. Cuylle hasn't really gotten a chance to get established with Vesey and Goodrow, whcih is why I wanted Wennberg to handle 4C, but I think it could actually be a pretty good series for Ves/Goodrow if they can keep their game simple and turn possession into simple garbage plays at the front of the net.

Onus is on Gustafsson to provide some of that service since getting pucks through was one of his regular season specialities for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad