Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafSadist

Sep 8, 2003
Ontario
My game keeps crashing whenever I want to start a new season. It will load everything as it should then it shuts down.

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
Been there before two editors is useful for editing but dangerous because the way the save is always the last one you had open.

Hopefully you have a backup somewhere? I’ve lost a couple weeks of editing once due to messing up with multiple editors open before. It sucks - although the seconds round of editing usually goes quicker (if frustrating).

Unfortunately you'll end up overwriting one DB with the other in all likelihood. When the Editor loads or saves a DB, it stores the file path in the Registry. So when you next hit Save, you'll save to the last file path accessed. The file path isn't stored on a session by session basis as I hadn't envisaged two instances of the Editor being open at the same time - but I can see why it might be useful.

Reactions: BKarchitect

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Unfortunately you'll end up overwriting one DB with the other in all likelihood. When the Editor loads or saves a DB, it stores the file path in the Registry. So when you next hit Save, you'll save to the last file path accessed. The file path isn't stored on a session by session basis as I hadn't envisaged two instances of the Editor being open at the same time - but I can see why it might be useful.

If this could be changed and those sessions could be isolated it would be really helpful!

Reactions: BKarchitect

LeafSadist

Sep 8, 2003
Ontario
New game entirely or a previous save? What stage of the loading process is it crashing at if it’s a new game?

New game. Everything loads, from choosing league and everything else then crashes after creating the shortlists. I just tried again, crashes at that point every time.

Reactions: King 88

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
New game. Everything loads, from choosing league and everything else then crashes after creating the shortlists. I just tried again, crashes at that point every time.

That’s an issue with extra_config.cfg something in there doesn’t match what is in the DB, it can be anything from a club name to a player name typo to anything, recently ran into this myself.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
So with a lot of posters expressing some disappointment that their saves don't have any 'high-quality' goaltenders, here are 5 screenshots of what EHM quotes as the top 10 goalies at the start of the season within my save.
Besides Sandin, is this what other posters 'wish' what they are looking for?

sandin1.png
valtonen2.png
custosse3.png
miller5.png

sevostyanov4.png

Reactions: xECK29x

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
I have Jesper Wallstadt (ranked as the best goalie coming into the 27 season) and man does he just suck in terms of sv%

I requesed a coach report from my goalie coach in which he said Wallstadt's too inconsistent but I'm not sure how to fix that :/

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I have Jesper Wallstadt (ranked as the best goalie coming into the 27 season) and man does he just suck in terms of sv%

I requesed a coach report from my goalie coach in which he said Wallstadt's too inconsistent but I'm not sure how to fix that :/

You can't fix it. I looked Wallstadt up in my DB and he's definitely a phenom with a crazy high potential ability and excellent determination but his consistency is set at ''0" (so basically not set) - so each time you start a game, EHM will assign him a random consistency number. It keeps things a bit more interesting from game to game and many of the really young prospects, even great ones like Wallstadt, I purposely didn't set a built-in consistency for.

I think others would agree, having high levels of determination and consistency are sometimes even more important than raw ability when it comes to player performance. So while he may have maxed his current ability to a superstar level (his ratings are amazing) - his lack of game-to-game consistency is going to severely handicap his play over an 82 game season. He's could definitely get hot and win you a Stanley Cup but he might, over the course of his career, get outplayed by a goalie with much lesser ratings but super high consistency.

Reactions: Ebbisen and xECK29x

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
You can't fix it. I looked Wallstadt up in my DB and he's definitely a phenom with a crazy high potential ability and excellent determination but his consistency is set at ''0" (so basically not set) - so each time you start a game, EHM will assign him a random consistency number. It keeps things a bit more interesting from game to game and many of the really young prospects, even great ones like Wallstadt, I purposely didn't set a built-in consistency for.

I think others would agree, having high levels of determination and consistency are sometimes even more important than raw ability when it comes to player performance. So while he may have maxed his current ability to a superstar level (his ratings are amazing) - his lack of game-to-game consistency is going to severely handicap his play over an 82 game season. He's could definitely get hot and win you a Stanley Cup but he might, over the course of his career, get outplayed by a goalie with much lesser ratings but super high consistency.
Oh wow that makes a lot of sense. Appreciate the response.

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
I think I kinda struck gold with my starting goaltender with Sens. 1st Overall in 2024, currently has 4 Vezina's to his name, 5 Jennings, 2 Conn Smythe, 1 Ted Lindsay, 1 King Clancy.

deacab9c4c3c4ce5000e8176b568c838.jpg

d9939326c62527748d9a8a73cfad5854.jpg

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
5'9"! He's like the good version of Darren Pang!
I think he was ranked at about 3rd Overall but I'd been having some awful goaltending issues. Spent quite a bit of time thinking who to draft, I trusted the scout reports and did my best to ignore the height issue and it seems to have paid off.. but I'm hoping he doesn't decline dramatically in his mid-late 30's.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
NHL32X v3.1 Update

- This is a small update to 3.0 - transactions updated, new signings for 2019 season including prospect signings (to happen on July 1, 2019 in the game) are coded into the config file along with NCAA and U Sport commits.
- Some updates and modifications to NHL depth charts with early results in from trade deadline deals (for example guys like Ryan Donato getting a boost in new situations) and late-season prospect call-ups (for example, an older prospect like Josh Currie actually looking like a useful NHL depth player for the Oilers) - tweaks to ensure relevancy to current happenings.
- Also, current season standings have been input into the database for the NHL for waiver claim order and for expected finish so that as a GM of say a cruddy team like Kings or Wings (who were once good), you are no longer expected by your front office to field a winning team right away. Seattle input as 32nd place of course.
- Finally some graphical updates to of the seven Seattle identities (make sure to grab the 3.1 graphics pack); see below and thanks as always to SparkyChewbarky!

If you are knee-deep in an NHL32X v3.0 game, this update is probably not worth starting over for but it'll keep things fresh if you want to start a new game.

PLAY WITH SEATTLE BUT WITH NO WHA!
- Included in the ZIP file download of the database itself are two new IMPORT files...WHA Deactivate 1 & 2. If you would like to play NHL32X with Seattle but aren't interested in the WHA aspect, simply use the EHM Editor to import each of those files into the database and save.

- The WHA and WHAII will still show up in the league select screen but they will be grey and have exclamation marks next to them. You won't be able to select them now but that's the point - they won't be in the game. You can select other leagues and options as usual.

RECOMMENDED GAME OPTIONS
- I would recommend turning on all the Extra Player Options (Playable Teams, Junior Players, National Teams) - especially if you intend to use the WHA. It will give all the teams a full starting roster and fill some of the lesser national teams represented by the WHA and WHAII clubs with a pool of players. I also recommend turning on Retain All Teams and Add Key Staff.

KNOW BUGS
- The English second tier (National Ice Hockey League) can cause the game to crash. I believe all other leagues function fine without game-ending errors or bugs. Have simmed through 2060 in testing. Do not select the NIHL for now.

DOWNLOAD NHL32X 3.1:
Dropbox - NHL32x 3.1.zip

DOWNLOAD NHL32X 3.1 Graphics Pack:
Dropbox - NHL32X 3.1 Graphics Pack.zip

Revised Seattle Steelheads graphics:
dc79a463deecf814f8b7d282e70a2df8.jpg

Revised Seattle Kraken graphics:
7bb0707fe0f639c81860d0c104e9135e.jpg

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I wonder if you write a contract extension into the extra config for a pending UFA but you put that extension with another team, does that make him automatically sign with that team July 1, or would it just crash the game?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I wonder if you write a contract extension into the extra config for a pending UFA but you put that extension with another team, does that make him automatically sign with that team July 1, or would it just crash the game?

Yes he would sign with that team in the extra config unless that transfer is cancelled by the AI/human GM (must still confirm at time of transfer and have appropriate contract space)

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Anybody have any issues when using the editor where later on in the season all the players your edited go back to normal?

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
I tried using the NHL32X rosters and the game keeps closing on Jan 1st 2021. I didn't have the British leagues selected. Are there any other glitches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad