LeBrun: Early Trading: Utah and Montreal exploring NHL trade market

Ledge And Dairy

You know Struble is a dman right? In nearly every draft class in history forwards start making the league before dmen. Maccelli is nearly a full year older and plays the least important position in hockey. His game is top six or bust he's not beating slaf or Demidov long term for a spot. It would not be the type of upgrade we need.

I'm not saying struble has immense value but I would not be surprised if their perceived values were inverted five years from now. Struble absolutely has top four potential. He's good on both sides of the puck though not flashy. He basically was a write off for us and forced his way into the lineup last year making several guys expendable.

Maccelli absolutely screams grabner-type production because nobody else better plays here to me.
Yes I do know he is a defenseman, but that doesn't make him a good prospect. Yes defense generally take longer to develop but Struble is literally the 4th oldest defenseman on Montreal's blue line and can't even make the starting roster. Maybe you won't be surprised if the roles are revered in 5 years but the odds of that happening are very slim. Struble is much more likely to be playing in Europe than be a better player than Maccelli 5 years from now

• Haha
Reactions: Remparts666

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Yes I do know he is a defenseman, but that doesn't make him a good prospect. Yes defense generally take longer to develop but Struble is literally the 4th oldest defenseman on Montreal's blue line and can't even make the starting roster. Maybe you won't be surprised if the roles are revered in 5 years but the odds of that happening are very slim. Struble is much more likely to be playing in Europe than be a better player than Maccelli 5 years from now
He made the starting roster he's injured right now..

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Someone didn't actually watch the video in the link. They specifically addressed Liljegrin. They don't think Utah is looking for someone with term because their injured players will be back

You might have noticed the “imo.” That’s me giving an opinion and not simply parroting a video. If they played Liljegren for a few months they would likely be able to flip him for more than he cost while solving their short term needs.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Utah trades a 3rd for like...I don't even know the players....MTL's 6th D.

And that's more exciting than anything that might happen assuming this rumor lands.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Sorry Habs fans, you aren't gaslighting anyone into thinking Stubble is worth anything. No one is buying it, just like Harris.

These are the kinds of players that only have room on a rebuilding team trying people out.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Sorry Habs fans, you aren't gaslighting anyone into thinking Stubble is worth anything. No one is buying it, just like Harris.

These are the kinds of players that only have room on a rebuilding team trying people out.

Newhook is a former 1st round pick.

He skates really, really fast.

Any interest?

thebestnic

Jun 29, 2022

I don't think you know what gaslighting is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad