Speculation: Early Predictions: Who Surprises in Training Camp/Preseason?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yeah wow too bad they have to cut him because the 7th overall pick is leading the team in scoring and knocking down the door.

Sad.
I didn’t watch Addison play much. I was told some things about him. And told staios addressed the RD depth. I am genuinely shocked. Some people watched him play ALOT in Minnesota and Sam Jose

He was on a PTO, not really a key piece towards addressing the depth, not that anybody was arguing he was...
Okay man

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I didn’t watch Addison play much. I was told some things about him. And told staios addressed the RD depth. I am genuinely shocked. Some people watched him play ALOT in Minnesota and Sam Jose

Okay man
I mean, it seems like you're the only one arguing he was the key to addressing our right side, despite us having 4 RHD on NHL contracts along with Guenette and Mantipalo in the AHL along with Yakemchuk getting drafted 7oa busting down the door

PTOs are always long shots to make the team, but hey, why let that get in the way when you can make misleading jabs,

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
Wonder if we'll be active on waiver wire for rd depth
I would think that the emergence of Yak has taken a bit of that pressure of finding RD depth.
I guess were getting to the point in all training camps where they are making the final cuts and will see some interesting names popping up.

Reactions: HSF

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
yak is the biggest surprise in terms of that he actually looks nhl ready now

gregor surprised me with his speed, will be a solid asset with that speed

Reactions: Dionysus

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Only if they're keeping him for the year. Otherwise, it's a sign that Hamonic and JBD looked good enough that they didn't need to keep him around.
I though JBD had a strong camp, and Hamonic certainly looks better than last year, I have no issues with them being 6 and 7.

Yak looked great, and while I expect they'll send him back, it bodes well for the future.

I think a lot of people ignore how much the forwards play into how good the D will look. Back pressure slows guys through the NZ allowing D to maintain gaps easier, giving your D more than one outlet option makes it easier for the D to move the puck out of the Zone. Guys like Sanderson can do it on their own but most D need support and if the team gives it to them we'll be fine.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
yak is the biggest surprise in terms of that he actually looks nhl ready now

gregor surprised me with his speed, will be a solid asset with that speed
Gregor replaces Joseph nicely at less than a 1/3 of the price. Sucks we had to attach a pick to unload Joseph but Dorion……

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
I though JBD had a strong camp, and Hamonic certainly looks better than last year, I have no issues with them being 6 and 7.

Yak looked great, and while I expect they'll send him back, it bodes well for the future.

I think a lot of people ignore how much the forwards play into how good the D will look. Back pressure slows guys through the NZ allowing D to maintain gaps easier, giving your D more than one outlet option makes it easier for the D to move the puck out of the Zone. Guys like Sanderson can do it on their own but most D need support and if the team gives it to them we'll be fine.

Right side depth looks fine. Left side side is the question mark for me. Even if Kleven plays well, there is not much after him. Roos, Sebrango are probably next for callups.

LD is usually easier to come by, maybe they add a depth piece of Chabot or other LD goes down. Can't see one of the RD sliding over for an extended period.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Right side depth looks fine. Left side side is the question mark for me. Even if Kleven plays well, there is not much after him. Roos, Sebrango are probably next for callups.

LD is usually easier to come by, maybe they add a depth piece of Chabot or other LD goes down. Can't see one of the RD sliding over for an extended period.
I thing Sebrango had a decent camp, Roos is too slow though.

Finding a LD if we have an injury of consequence shouldn't be hard though, there's always guys available.

Reactions: Dionysus

SensFanInMTL

Apr 25, 2020
1728159170996.png

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad