Speculation: Early Buyer/Seller predictions.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Obviously It's early, It's only September but I'm curious who do you think will be the buyers and sellers this season?

I'm not necessarily talking about teams we know will be sellers like the Ducks, Sharks, Hawks, Wings or Sabres because those teams are obvious.

I'm talking about the surprise buyer and seller.

For example nobody is expecting it but with Nuke and Langdeskog both out of the lineup, I think there is a world where Colorado could be a seller if only for this year.

I also think the Blues could be a seller.

I see Ottawa as a potential surprise buyer depending on how Ullmark does.

it Would be interesting to look back on this thread in 6 months and see who is right.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Obviously It's early, It's only September but I'm curious who do you think will be the buyers and sellers this season?

I'm not necessarily talking about teams we know will be sellers like the Ducks, Sharks, Hawks, Wings or Sabres because those teams are obvious.

I'm talking about the surprise buyer and seller.

For example nobody is expecting it but with Nuke and Langdeskog both out of the lineup, I think there is a world where Colorado could be a seller if only for this year.

I also think the Blues could be a seller.

I see Ottawa as a potential surprise buyer depending on how Ullmark does.

it Would be interesting to look back on this thread in 6 months and see who is right.

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Columbus will obviously be a seller, Provorov will be gone by the TDL and maybe a bottom six vet like Kurlay or Danforth depending on how the comparable kids do. If Elvis shows a pulse maybe a team gets interested at 50% but I doubt it.

Edit: rereading the OP, Oops, I guess they don't apply as a surprise. I'll go with U.tah as a surprise buyer, I think they'll sneak into the playoffs and they have lots of capital to use.

Reactions: squashmaple

iago

Apr 2, 2024
While I agree that Chicago, Anaheim, and San Jose will be sellers, I would not include Detroit and Buffalo in any list of "obvious" sellers. I think Buffalo is desperate for the post season, and Detroit only slightly less so. Detroit could attempt to dump the salaries of players who have no future there, and will have zero impact on their playoff chances. Buffalo is far more likely to be buyers, even more so than Ottawa.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I think the red wings will be. Their roster is spinning it's wheels and is missing 2 core pieces with training camp days away.

Also their goalies... 45 year old Talbot, Jack Campbell, Alex Lyon, and the corpse of Husso

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
If the Preds have a solid season, and if they get some Cap relief from the Johansen situation, then I could see them being buyers. The team may still lack some quality on defense. But also has a bit of a stockpile of draft picks to use as deadline currency.
:dunno:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Montreal might be a bit of both.

For selling
Joel Armia
David Savard - possible, but the list of RHD UFAs suck, so they might look to extend him to buy more time for Reinbacher, Mailloux to get more experience.
Evans- likely gone as he won't want to get paid like a 4th liner and might be another Danault to a degree for another team.

For buying sometimes players with term are available and while the Habs aren't likely to make the playoffs, let alone be a contender, they might look at that to buy now and set up the team for next season.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Calgary and Columbus are likely to be sellers too

I feel like both Calgary and Columbus will technically be both buyers and sellers.

Quantity for Quality type moves and also taking on extra cap to leverage some decent players who will contribute to the team for multiple seasons at least.

Calgary and Columbus both technically have to be buyers as well. IIRC, CBJ is currently #1 for cap space (below floor) and Calgary is #3? Straight selling and they've got cap floor issues.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I think the red wings will be. Their roster is spinning it's wheels and is missing 2 core pieces with training camp days away.

Also their goalies... 45 year old Talbot, Jack Campbell, Alex Lyon, and the corpse of Husso
While under other management regimes it could happen, I highly doubt that Yzerman pulls that trigger on a large scale. Yes, maybe the goalies if that group still exists after camp breaks. For it to happen in Detroit, I think Steve has to get kicked upstairs and a “new” owner picked GM handles the sell down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad