Proposal: E. Kane for Murray

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Pittsburgh
Matt Murray is owed 7 million dollars next year and 8 the year after that. Evander Kane is 7m, 6m, 6m in the next three years.

Ottawa doesn't care about the cap, but they do care about the real dollars. They won't stand for an AHL goalie making 7mil, at least they get a top-6 winger for their money this way.

San Jose removes the radioactive waste from their locker room without any retained salary and obtain an expensive reclamation project for their efforts. I think Adin Hill would probably be waived in this instance.

Speatleysson

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
Matt Murray is owed 7 million dollars next year and 8 the year after that. Evander Kane is 7m, 6m, 6m in the next three years.

Ottawa doesn't care about the cap, but they do care about the real dollars. They won't stand for an AHL goalie making 7mil, at least they get a top-6 winger for their money this way.

San Jose removes the radioactive waste from their locker room without any retained salary and obtain an expensive reclamation project for their efforts. I think Adin Hill would probably be waived in this instance.

What makes you think Ottawa wants to add "radioactive waste" to their locker room?

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Only in the situation that the sharks cant find a taker at 50% or a third team to retain more for no cost to the sharks. If we are forced to buy Kane out, id rather buy Murray out so sure

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Ya he's useful on the ice, but is it really worth the problems that come with the player? Hard no from Ottawa in my opinion.

This. . . Nobody wants Kane around their young core . . This is a guy whose teammates don’t want him in the locker room on multiple teams he has played for

Reactions: Speatleysson

TheHelmet

Feb 10, 2021
Pat Laftonaines Trophy Room
Matt Murray is owed $7 Million and $8 million :eek:

Jesus, I had no idea he was making that much money. Just looked up his deal and thought his AAV was about $2 mill less and did not know it was backloaded.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I don't think it's the worst idea in the world.
At the same time I wouldn't blame Ottawa fans for wanting to find another option or just waiting for Murray's contract to expire.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Why do the Sharks do this? Reimer's been solid for them and Hill's looked adequate.
Trading Kane for a guy who might not even be an improvement over their current goalies doesn't really make sense.
Also agree that the Sens probably don't want to take on Kane's attitude problems.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
The Senators dealt with the Hoffman/Karlsson issue by getting rid of both of them. You really think they want to bring the drama that is Evander Kane to their locker room? No chance.

Gaud

May 11, 2017

If the team was a veteran team with a bunch of Perry-Weber leaders that may straighten Kane out, maybe.
You dont want him around a rebuild team filled with impressionable youths

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Kane >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Murray

Off ice and locker room issues aside no brainer for Ottawa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad