Dylan Strome Appreciation Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I'm not sure how many teams want a 2C that needs to be sheltered, since most teams don't have a Patrick Kane and deploy like the Blackhawks do.

We shall see.

I think a lot of people are overestimating his value.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Sheltered 2c and on the PP.

We don’t need sheltered slow molasses players, only players who get a pass like that are offensively elite guys such as Kane or McDavid, Strome is garbage he makes the team worse, time to go, him occupying a spot on this team is a waste of a spot even at 1M/Yr salary

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
At no point do I say we should keep him, I actually say the opposite.

About time, remember all the time you defended him and ridiculed my posts of me calling him out when he was trash game in game out?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
About time, remember all the time you defended him and ridiculed my posts of me calling him out when he was trash game in game out?

I have never been a huge Strome guy. I had hope for him after his first season but I was never was a huge defender of him. He is not a trash player so your posts are still wrong. He has legit NHL skills and can make an impact but he has to be sheltered as a 2c and be on the PP.

Trash hockey player examples
- Bollig
- John Scott

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Aren't you from Ottawa?
Pretty sure Fiddy is.
He is indeed. In fact i was sure I spotted the illusive Fiddy one day a year ago in an Ottawa grocery wearing a leather Blackhawk jacket.
Though I lived many year in Vancouver I have been north of Ottawa in the country for 12 years now and so have a soft spot for the Sens. ;)

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He is indeed. In fact i was sure I spotted the illusive Fiddy one day a year ago in an Ottawa grocery wearing a leather Blackhawk jacket.
Though I lived many years in Vancouver I have been north of Ottawa in the country for 12 years now and so have a soft spot for the Sens. ;)

Wait did you really see 50? Was he mumbling to himself and typing on a Nokia phone?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Whether or not the Hawks should keep Strome for another year depends on how much he costs IMO. If you can get him for $3M or less, fine. After $3M, I'd trade him. He cannot cost you Saad.

Maatta/Smith, fine. Saad, no.

BTW trading for a young goalie ready to start and letting Crawford walk is another option people aren't thinking of.

Last edited:

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
That’s fine. I’d still put my money on the under 70.
I think he does it a couple times in the right situation. Not here though. Not enough minutes/PP time.

I get what you're saying though. 60 point centers are hard to find. That's what makes him valuable.

If he goes to a rebuilding team that can give him 1C minutes and PP1 time, I think he can put up 70+. Otherwise, subtract 10 and you're right.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I don't know if the Rangers are necessarily in the market for Dylan Strome, but I wonder if they'd be interested in trading Georgiev + Andersson for him.

I think Lias Andersson is well suited for a bottom 6 role, and Georgiev fixes our goalie problem at least for the time being.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
I don't know if the Rangers are necessarily in the market for Dylan Strome, but I wonder if they'd be interested in trading Georgiev + Andersson for him.

I think Lias Andersson is well suited for a bottom 6 role, and Georgiev fixes our goalie problem at least for the time being.
Are you okay? No fever or anything? Don't have covid?

Reactions: Mrfenn92

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
not sure that Georgiev is a guy I would target, he does not seem to have NHL starter written all over him and we have enough of those guys in the system already...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad