Value of: Dumba to TOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
*Couldn't care less. Whom do you think Dumba is worth, out of curiosity? Doesn't have to be someone on the Leafs. I'm curious as to what asset class of forward you think he returns.
I think I’d rather just keep him at this point.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Wish the Mods would just lock these threads once it's been seen there is no logical debate in them. Just grows into a hotdog showing contest.
I wish the mods would just get rid of the idiots who start threads like this. There's a handful of users that do nothing but start shit like this, and it does nothing but hurt the quality of this forum.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Toronto 100% has the assets and some.

None of those particular assets will be traded.

HAHAHAHAHA you can't make this shit up. "Toronto doesn't have the assets they're willing to give up" "Toronto definitely has the assets, they just aren't willing to give them up"

As for the topic. Nylander+a little for dumba seems fair but neither side would do it

Last edited:
Reactions: TaLoN and 2Pair

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think Nylander is more or a less an equivalent value player for Dumba. Dumba might be worth more just because of him being a RD, and his ability to stay on the ice. He is not a Shattenkirk or Barrie(both really good offensive Dmen) type...much more robust.

Now if Nylander can play a legit top line NHL C then the conversation gets more interesting, but whether by circumstance or talent, Nylander appears to be destined to be a wing.

Oh, and Rielly has shown himself to be a better Dman, so far, than Dumba. It's not really that close. The only reason that MN wouldn't swap is because they don't need more LD, and Dumba is a perfect fit with the 24yo Brodin as their #1 D pair going well into the 2020's.

Reactions: RCS

Mar 26, 2010
I think Nylander is more or a less an equivalent value player for Dumba. Dumba might be worth more just because of him being a RD, and his ability to stay on the ice. He is not a Shattenkirk or Barrie(both really good offensive Dmen) type...much more robust.

Now if Nylander can play a legit top line NHL C then the conversation gets more interesting, but whether by circumstance or talent, Nylander appears to be destined to be a wing.

Oh, and Rielly has shown himself to be a better Dman, so far, than Dumba. It's not really that close. The only reason that MN wouldn't swap is because they don't need more LD, and Dumba is perfect fit with the 24yo Brodin as their #1 D pair going well into the 2020's.
Willy is a legit C, but the problem is that he plays on a team with the deepest C depth in the NHL. Matthews, Tavares and Kadri! There is no way Willy is a 4th line C, so that is why is playing on the wing.

I am not knocking Dumba at all, he is a very good young D man, but Willy gets criminally underrated by all the Leaf haters on this forum.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Willy is a legit C, but the problem is that he plays on a team with the deepest C depth in the NHL. Matthews, Tavares and Kadri! There is no way Willy is a 4th line C, so that is why is playing on the wing.

I am not knocking Dumba at all, he is a very good young D man, but Willy gets criminally underrated by all the Leaf haters on this forum.
I don't watch enough Leafs to comment on Nylander's ability to play C, but I'm pretty sure that he hasn't played enough C for anybody to say just how good he is or will be at that position. Completely understand why he won't play C in TOR...would be criminally stupid to play him there.

We have experience here in MN with trying to get a player to play C. Granlund came into the league with a lot of hype, but ended up being a mediocre #2C. When he was finally switched to wing, he became a legit #1W. MTL seems to be doing the same thing with Drouin, though the book is still open on him.

At this point it's near impossible to know just how suited Nylander is to being a C in the NHL.

Dumba has his faults, and his strengths. Not a perfect player, but will be interested to see how he does this year. He has improved every year. He has been very lucky to have been surrounded by some excellent dmen in Suter, Spurgeon, and Brodin, and a very good defensive culture in MN. Perfect way to groom a young dman.
I don't know that he would be a great fit in TOR. He might score a gazillion points and kill it on the PP, but he isn't exactly a "bedrock" guy in the d zone.

I think that TOR would be wiser to ask for Brodin(can play RD and LD, very solid on d, mobile and smart) and a Nino(bad year, but due for a rebound, and might kill it with your C's) for Nylander. Would literally kill two birds with one stone.

Last edited:

Mar 26, 2010
I don't watch enough Leafs to comment on Nylander's ability to play C, but I'm pretty sure that he hasn't played enough C for anybody to say just how good he is or will be at that position. Completely understand why he won't play C in TOR...would be criminally stupid to play him there.

We have experience here in MN with trying to get a player to play C. Granlund came into the league with a lot of hype, but ended up being a mediocre #2C. When he was finally switched to wing, he became a legit #1W. MTL seems to be doing the same thing with Drouin, though the book is still open on him.

At this point it's near impossible to know just how suited Nylander is to being a C in the NHL.
Well, we have seen sample sizes last season with Willy at C when Matthews was hurt.

As a Leaf fan I would love to have Dumba in T.O. The kid is solid, and as everyone knows RD is at a premium these days in the NHL.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I wish the mods would just get rid of the idiots who start threads like this. There's a handful of users that do nothing but start **** like this, and it does nothing but hurt the quality of this forum.
And yet....you respond anyway! The solution is painfully obvious....do I need to actually state it?

Reactions: RCS

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, we have seen sample sizes last season with Willy at C when Matthews was hurt.

As a Leaf fan I would love to have Dumba in T.O. The kid is solid, and as everyone knows RD is at a premium these days in the NHL.
Actually, Dumba isn't "solid", unless you are referring to his physicality( he can hit, and even drop the gloves if need be). Dumba can be brilliant, and exciting, and awful, and clutch, and the goat...sometimes all in the same game.

Don't you already have that in Gardiner, and to a lesser extent, Rielly?

howkie

Dec 13, 2014

The truth is somewhere in between, since Leaf fans call him a legit top center (he is not, since he has 0 full season in NHL as a center), seen him called out as the next Seguin etc etc.
He is what he is, a gifted winger.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
What would it take to get this smooth skating, physical, puck moving stud to the biggest and best hockey market around?

Hyman ++ maybe?

Tell me your thoughts

Whoa whoa whoa...

Hang on a second! If the Leafs are willing to trade Hyman and make him the center piece of a deal for a blueliner, why would they settle for Dumba? If Hyman is available, you let the league know you're willing to move him and you wait for the offers to flow in. You'd be getting much better players than Dumba offered up if you made Hyman available.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
And yet....you respond anyway! The solution is painfully obvious....do I need to actually state it?
Don't believe that I ever responded to the idiot who started this thread. I did respond to a few posters who tried to save this thread with with actual competent thoughts, but I don't see how that could affect my opinion of the OP?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Whoa whoa whoa...

Hang on a second! If the Leafs are willing to trade Hyman and make him the center piece of a deal for a blueliner, why would they settle for Dumba? If Hyman is available, you let the league know you're willing to move him and you wait for the offers to flow in. You'd be getting much better players than Dumba offered up if you made Hyman available.
Please tell me this is tongue- in-cheek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,700.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway