News Article: Duclair Cuts Dreads Per Team Policy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I mean, Duclair knew what he was getting into by signing here. Sure does seem Lou is walking a fine line here with the chance of him eventually getting told he can't do this anymore. Doubt Duclair will put up a stink, but should someone do it on his behalf? Is it really something that should be ignored? Share your opinion during these dog days of August.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
This is f***ing stupid. This has always been Lou’s policy. We don’t need to turn this into a race issue.

Reactions: xECK29x

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I dont see any issue with this at all. This is the policy for every player on the team regardless of age, nationality, race etc. To his credit Duclair seemed to make light of it on social media and does not seem to have any kind of major problem with it, but even so, he chose to sign here and that is the team rules. I personally have always liked it although others disagree. It creates an identity and team unity where everybody is the same. It is not about being unique and standing out individually, it is about being a team and doing your job as a unit.
I am sure most of this backlash are people who are not even hockey fans, let alone Isles fans, and of course then it somehow gets turned into a race thing. Where were all these people for the past 5 years when there has been no issue with the team policies?

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I mean, Duclair knew what he was getting into by signing here. Sure does seem Lou is walking a fine line here with the chance of him eventually getting told he can't do this anymore. Doubt Duclair will put up a stink, but should someone do it on his behalf? Is it really something that should be ignored? Share your opinion during these dog days of August.

Why is Lou walking a fine line? Is Duclair Rastafarian? If not, there is nothing to see here.

Reactions: Glorydays22

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I read the article, twice, and I didn’t see where it was mentioned it was a racial thing? Did I miss it?

aside, if Lou was in Toronto, he’d be doing Mathew’s a favor and he wouldn’t have that ridiculous moustache. @LeafsAllDayy

Reactions: Glorydays22 and Lek

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
Maybe it's time Lou updates his rules! It's been 6 years and they haven't won us a cup. Perhaps some freedom to be normal might inject exuberance into the team. The world is changing and Lou's still partying like it's 1956!

Last edited:
Reactions: Green

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I read the article, twice, and I didn’t see where it was mentioned it was a racial thing? Did I miss it?

aside, if Lou was in Toronto, he’d be doing Mathew’s a favor and he wouldn’t have that ridiculous moustache. @LeafsAllDayy
If you watch the video with the article, the dude commenting implies it several times.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think Lou thinks this rule is to reinforce that no one is above the rest of the team and that there is a certain etiquette required to be a professional athelete.

How effective is it? :dunno:

Reactions: MikeyMike01

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I think Lou thinks this rule is to reinforce that no one is above the rest of the team and that there is a certain etiquette required to be a professional athelete.

How effective is it? :dunno:

31 other teams don't have this inane policy, nor does every Cup winning team seem to have any issue winning it all despite having all sorts of different facial hair.

Duclair signed here knowing the rules so he traded his personal style for money, so no gripe there. Just wish Lou would stop spending any time/energy on totally unimportant things like hiding contract signings and hairstyles and instead focusing on being a better GM.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Maybe it's time Lou updates his rules! It's been 6 years and they haven't won us a cup. Perhaps some freedom to be normal might inject exuberance into the team. The world is changing and Lou's still partying like it's 1956!

Didn't Hong Kong have more freedoms in 1956?

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
He’s the boss, his rules are well known, don’t sign with the team on your longest contract you have ever received in your professional career, if it’s an issue.

It doesn’t seem like the player has the issue, however, the writer certainly is seeking to imply a societal one with it.

The players don’t seem to mind the required hair/shave requirement. It’s nothing more than a fan/media whiner issue - the people that don’t actually live and work under the rules (or are paid under them).

Reactions: Axe Man and Lek

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Was there a story when Palmieri shaved his beard when he was traded to the isles?

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Atlanta
Was there a story when Palmieri shaved his beard when he was traded to the isles?
I think there was some note of it on X. Nothing more. Same with Clutter.

Just wish Lou would stop spending any time/energy on totally unimportant things like hiding contract signings and hairstyles and instead focusing on being a better GM.
How about Duclair stop spending any time/energy on unimportant things like his hair and instead focus on being a better hockey player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad