Proposal: Ducks - Wings (Neutral)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
:ducks
G Bernier (4.15M, 1yr - UFA)
D Vatanen (4.88M, 4yrs, UFA)
D Stoner (3.25M, 2yrs - UFA)

:wings
G Howard (5.29M, 3yrs - UFA)
W Tatar (2.75M, 1yr - RFA)
W Nyquist (4.75M, 3yrs - UFA)

Being a neutral fan, I'm sure I'm missing something but what do you guys think?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Neutral fan. Wings give up Tatar and Nyquist and Howard still has SOME value for essentially Vatanen and a cap dump and an expensive backup because Mrazek will start. Can't see them liking this deal at all.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Neutral fan. Wings give up Tatar and Nyquist and Howard still has SOME value for essentially Vatanen and a cap dump and an expensive backup because Mrazek will start. Can't see them liking this deal at all.

The Ducks get an even more expensive backup in Howard. The Winger depth would be nice, but Ducks woul dhave to be 100% sure that the kids are ready to make the team on D before this happens.

This is excluding the fact that Vats just signed a relatively nice deal.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California

Terrible for Anaheim.

They add salary in this deal and they don't want Howard for 3 years. Plus Toronto is eating a portion of Bernier's contract.

Plus Tatar raise incoming. This is brutal for Anaheim when you actually know about Anaheim

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Detroit already has 8 D on their roster, they can't add more without shipping someone out.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
i think this essentially comes down to tatar + nyquist for vatanen, which is quite bad for detroit

That plus getting out of cap hell a bit quicker, for a fairly steep price. Anaheim, on the other hand, probably can't afford to re-sign Tatar next year, and if they wanted to spend 5M on a goalie they would have given it to Andersen. Neither team wants anything to do with this.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

Don't want Horward and his 3 years at over 5 million. Not interested in trading Vatanen after re-signing him. Also don't see Red Wings liking this getting rid of Tatar and Nyquist while only getting 1 good player back.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Congratulations on making a proposal that makes no sense for either team. This is just awful.

And by the way Detroit fans, Howards contract makes him minus, not a plus. Given the term and the dollar amount, its arguably worse than Stoner's or Bieksa's. Ducks (and I'm guessing most other teams) want no part of that.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
The idea is that both teams are getting what they want...

- Detroit wants someone who can QB their PP and they want out of Howard's contract.
- Anaheim wants more skilled forward depth on the wings.

... by taking on something they don't want:

- Anaheim doesn't want Howard's contract.
- Detroit doesn't want Stoner's contract.

(Howard's being much worse which is why Detroit is paying so much)

Based on the comments so far, and because no one else has any ideas, I'll make an adjustment...

Bernier
Lindholm (unsigned)
Stoner

Howard
Nyquist
Sheahan (2.08M, 2yrs - RFA)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

- Detroit wants someone who can QB their PP and they want out of Howard's contract.

Based on the comments so far, and because no one else has any ideas, I'll make an adjustment...

Bernier
Lindholm (unsigned)
Stoner

Howard
Nyquist

Lindholm going to Detroit brings back Larkin +

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

In NHL17 i would accept this but not in real life.

Not bashing you tho. The reason why wouldn`t accept it is tht Anaheim adds salary which they CAN`T do even though those Tatar&Nyq would be really really great to get in our forward group.
We would somehow get over losing Vats (with Theo/Montour) and changing Bernier to Howard but the $ just makes this impossible.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Important little thing for the Ducks: Bernier's salary is only $2.15M in actual dollars, which is important to Anaheim. Taking on $3M for the presumed backup goalie is just not palatable, even for a massive upgrade up front.

(...)
Lindholm (unsigned)
(...)

I wish you hadn't made the adjustment. Lindholm isn't going anywhere. I don't think I'd trade Bernier and Stoner for Howard, and Lindholm for Nyqvist and Sheahan is not in the extended realm of hypothetical offers that would warrant consideration.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Bernier
Lindholm (unsigned)
Stoner

Howard
Nyquist

Swing and miss, strike two

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
And by the way Detroit fans, Howards contract makes him minus, not a plus. Given the term and the dollar amount, its arguably worse than Stoner's or Bieksa's. Ducks (and I'm guessing most other teams) want no part of that.

I don't think anyone looking at it rationally thinks we can get rid of him without either max retention or a buy out, and I still don't think we can move him until next offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad