Ducks score an illegal goal

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
They installed the netting because a fan died after getting hit by a puck. If the netting was not there, the puck would've gone into the stands, so obviously out of play
But the netting is there now.

Should they draw a line on the glass where the old weight used to be and anything above that is out of play? Things chance and the game evolves.

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I agree that they cant play on and then next stoppage reverse it. We've seen 10 minute stretches go on, but now is the time to figure this out. If this happened in any playoff game, it would be the #1 topic today and a fanbase would feel royally screwed.

Put a mic in the head refs ear and someone from a pressbox calls it in 10-20-30 seconds after when they reviewed it and no matter where the play is, its called dead, faceoff outside the zone. Done.

I think im more shocked this isnt already a thing.

You are expecting perfection from an imperfect game. It all sounds good until it isn't. People loved the blue line and GI challenges when they first came out. Not they are universally hated, or at very least misunderstood.

This isn't even like robot umps, this is a different level of big brother where we are giving an office official the opportunity to call down to make any call they want.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
We need fewer reviews, not more. And definitely not on plays where the puck left the zone after the incident and then re-entered.

Somehow this sport survived for decades without having a couple long delays every game to sort this shit.

benfranklin

Jun 29, 2024
You are expecting perfection from an imperfect game. It all sounds good until it isn't. People loved the blue line and GI challenges when they first came out. Not they are universally hated, or at very least misunderstood.

This isn't even like robot umps, this is a different level of big brother where we are giving an office official the opportunity to call down to make any call they want.
Sortof but we have the little blue streak on pucks for broadcasts. How hard is it really to see if it out of play? I respect refs missing it live, but this should take seconds to fix after it happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad