Ducks score an illegal goal

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
play to the whistle.

they're the ducks and you're the avs. they should get a freebie and you should still win.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
The puck hit the netting in the back on a dump-in, but only Girard saw it. He had no idea what to do so he just ices it back in the Ducks zone, but they retrieved it and come down and score. Bush league by the league.
In every sport I've played, hockey, soccer and floorball, I was taught from a young age to play until the whistle.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Should've been blown dead, it wasn't. Avs definitely should've kept playing, they didn't.

Puck left the zone, no sympathy whatsoever for the goal against. This is a whiner thread of all whiner threads.

Hot Water Bottle

Aug 26, 2010
Helpful tip - anyone who thinks this Ducks incident is the crime of the century should never, ever, ever watch baseball.

Last edited:

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I don't understand why the play has to stop when the puck is on the netting anyway. Why?

To me, the netting is like the dasher on the boards. If the puck is on the dasher, they don't blow the whistle, so why the netting? Just poke it / play it.

On a different topic, those Ducks' uniforms are.... something.
They installed the netting because a fan died after getting hit by a puck. If the netting was not there, the puck would've gone into the stands, so obviously out of play

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
It was a bad call but saying Girard had “no idea what to do” is nonsense. He stopped momentarily and then the refs very audibly told him to play on, which he did. Throwing it up the ice to no one was his own bad decision and the Avs got scored on because of a defensive breakdown, not because they believed the play was dead.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
This is why I have no issue with players signalling to the ref when a puck goes offside, out of rink, hitting the netting etc. refs miss things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad