Confirmed with Link: Ducks qualify LaCombe, Nesterenko, and Regenda, non-tender Jones, Groulx, Vaakanainen, Leason, Lindstrom, Tracey, McLaughlin

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Verbeek makes bold and decisive moves and he's not afraid to move on.

Yeah, some might chalk these to be bad asset management but if you see these guys go unsigned or signed for cheap trial type deals you probably weren't going to get anything for them. Probably did miss a couple of 4th rounders because of it. I find it's fair for everyone involved, don't keep anyone you're not actually invested in, just in case.

Verbeek letting roster guys go means - to me - he is going for upgrades and to free up spots for prospects. That's refreshing. Upgrades are needed on every single spot in the roster, and big ones at that. Ducks sucked again last year, I would not be eager to keep anyone not displaying tremendous upside.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Clearing out some filler depth to (hopefully) bring in guys with more standout qualities (grit, heart, speed, energy, physicality etc). The roster has just had too much vanilla these last couple/few years, need to spice it up.

Reactions: 12ozPapa

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I read Madden said that he was only over-ridden a couple times and they didn’t pan out. I’ve often wondered if Gaucher was one of them.

But it is refreshing to see a GM cut bait even with one of his guys, (Vaakanainen).

John

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I read Madden said that he was only over-ridden a couple times and they didn’t pan out. I’ve often wondered if Gaucher was one of them.

But it is refreshing to see a GM cut bait even with one of his guys, (Vaakanainen).

John
Was he referring to Verbeek or just in general? If it wasn't Verbeek, I'd think he's talking farther in the past. Not that Gaucher wasn't him being overruled, just that he's still young and we don't know what he'll be if he's a late bloomer.

Reactions: 70sSanO

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Was he referring to Verbeek or just in general? If it wasn't Verbeek, I'd think he's talking farther in the past. Not that Gaucher wasn't him being overruled, just that he's still young and we don't know what he'll be if he's a late bloomer.

I wouldn't say Gaucher is a late bloomer because he was deemed the safest player projected to go to the NHL. He's a defensive center and still trying to adapt to the pro level. I thought I read things did start coming together later in the AHL season for him. Let's see how he progresses in the pros for year 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad