Confirmed with Link: Ducks qualify LaCombe, Nesterenko, and Regenda, non-tender Jones, Groulx, Vaakanainen, Leason, Lindstrom, Tracey, McLaughlin

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Don't know if I'm surprised that we didn't qualify some of them, but I think Vaaks and Lindstrom will find employment on some other teams.

Leason and Jones if they're cheap. The others can walk.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I agree with most of the list, would have kept Vaak also. The rest is pretty much what I expected. Glad LaCombe is getting another look.

As per still having talks with the others, just let them walk, the Ducks need changes, especially in the bottom 6. I like Jones but he needs to move on, same with Leason. Give guys like Nesterenko, Colangelo and Regenda a shot now.

Firequacker

used wall of text! It's not very effective...
Jun 3, 2022
Hopefully Vaaks and Leason are included in the 'still having talks'. Vaaks I get because of the logjam (but it would hurt to lose him), Leason I don't get at all. Going out and talking about needing more bottom six scoring, then letting one of the only guys who actually did it walk? Don't like it at all.

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
I am shocked and thrilled that Regenda was QO'd. He has looked good every time we've brought him up, let the boy play!

I bet they are trying to sign one of Vaaks and Lindstrom, but maybe not both?

• Love
Reactions: salwan

Dostwall

Jun 17, 2024
We’ll see if they end up bringing any of those guys back, but this gives me more confidence they’ll be adding to the team in free agency.

With Vaakaninen and Lindstrom gone, that’s only 6 defenseman (including Luneau, who is somewhat of a question mark).

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
We’ll see if they end up bringing any of those guys back, but this gives me more confidence they’ll be adding to the team in free agency.

With Vaakaninen and Lindstrom gone, that’s only 6 defenseman (including Luneau, who is somewhat of a question mark).
I don't think all of the guys who weren't qualified are quite gone. I wouldn't mind it, but I'd be surprised.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

And should be roughly 3 spots open on forward.

I'm curious if Nesterenko is up with the NHL club next season. We are adding some speed with him in the lineup. iirc, one of head coaches really liked Nester in the lineup. That would bring down the available forward spots down to two.

as for the defense, we may just need a veteran 7D, preferably a 7-RD b/c we don't have enough talent at RD to come up from the AHL at the moment. that means four youths on the blue line, with zell and luneau having a shot at a whole season in the NHL. ofc, things change if Verbeek lands a top-6 RD.

Fowler-Luneau
Minty-LaCombe
Zell-Gudas
vet RD

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I’m not that surprised by Vaakanainen not getting a QO. There’s a bit of a squeeze on D and he might have had a very interesting arb case with some of his analytics. Wouldn’t be surprised if they still sign him but if there’s a solidified top four of Fowler-Monty-Gudas-UFA and they let Lacoste-Zellweger-Luneau battle for the last two spots they could probably bring any vet to be the 7th or 8th guy.

More surprised about Leason, to an extent. I thought he showed out pretty well and is still pretty young. Maybe he’s back too or maybe they take a bit of a swing with that 4RW spot.

Reactions: Firequacker

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I'm curious if Nesterenko is up with the NHL club next season. We are adding some speed with him in the lineup. iirc, one of head coaches really liked Nester in the lineup. That would bring down the available forward spots down to two.

as for the defense, we may just need a veteran 7D, preferably a 7-RD b/c we don't have enough talent at RD to come up from the AHL at the moment. that means four youths on the blue line, with zell and luneau having a shot at a whole season in the NHL. ofc, things change if Verbeek lands a top-6 RD.

Fowler-Luneau
Minty-LaCombe
Zell-Gudas
vet RD
Why do we not swap Gudas and LaCombe? Gudas might be a bottom pairing guy on a well constructed team, but he’s easily still our best mid pairing option based on last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00