GDT: Ducks@Preds -5:00 pm California, 1:00 am Finlandia

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Parros mentioned to us once, that tennesee was 1 of the 3 states that did this to the visiting players, so not really "every state". His "tax" was $2,500 per visit.

Research what players in every sport pay in California income tax for a 1 day visit. 20 of the 24 states with pro sport franchises have "jock taxes".

This is from 2009 - tax rates are up since then.

Athletes are taxed based on "duty days" they spend in each state. In baseball, there are approximately 181 "duty days," meaning a player earning $1.81 million would make $10,000 each duty day. Therefore, if that player's team had three games in California, he would be responsible for taxes on $30,000 of income.

At that point, all the tax collectors have left is a math problem to figure out that Ichiro Suzuki, the highest-paid baseball player in Washington, a tax-free state, will have to pay more than $218,000 in California taxes for the 25 games the Mariners will play there this summer.

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/apr/12/sports/sp-jock-tax12

At least Tennessee caps it at $7,500/year.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
I don't believe we'll lose this one, but our next loss has to come at some point. Nobody can keep rolling.

So when will it come?

The next games:

vs Columbus
vs Colorado
@ Los Angeles
vs Nashville
vs Minnesota
vs Los Angeles
vs San Jose

Columbus and Colorado should be easy, as long as the Ducks don't fall for the old "first home game after road trip" complacency. While LA has looked a bit better, they're still very beatable. So that's why I'll bet that the next loss will come against Nashville at home.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't believe we'll lose this one, but our next loss has to come at some point. Nobody can keep rolling.

So when will it come?

The next games:

vs Columbus
vs Colorado
@ Los Angeles
vs Nashville
vs Minnesota
vs Los Angeles
vs San Jose

Columbus and Colorado should be easy, as long as the Ducks don't fall for the old "first home game after road trip" complacency. While LA has looked a bit better, they're still very beatable. So that's why I'll bet that the next loss will come against Nashville at home.

I think your missing a chunk of games or something
@Preds
Blue jackets
Aves
@Kings
Nashville
Wild
@coyotes
@coyotes
coyotes
flames.

this is actually the "easy" part of our schedule coming up, once we get to march 10th it goes downhill and fast.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I'd rather not focus on when the next loss will come. It will come when the Ducks don't win.

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
Per Eric Stephens:

Matt Beleskey-Ryan Getzlaf-Corey Perry
Bobby Ryan-Peter Holland-Teemu Selanne
Andrew Cogliano-Saku Koivu-Daniel Winnik
Patrick Maroon-Nick Bonino-Kyle Palmieri
Sheldon Souray-Francois Beauchemin
Luca Sbisa-Toni Lydman
Bryan Allen-Ben Lovejoy

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Fair enough. I took him at his word.
No worries - HE gets screwed because its pretty regressive for a low salary player, that's for certain.

Per Eric Stephens:

Luca Sbisa-Toni Lydman
Bryan Allen-Ben Lovejoy

I would have thought Staubitz would be in to return the Weber cheap shots to their players, but maybe they want to give Maroon a fair chance? I'm hoping Palmieri plays a little better tonight - I wonder if it's his turn to be sick, he looked really sluggish last night to me.

eenok*

i see no vatanen in yet.poor vatanen must stay in some dirty mid western road hotel while walls propably a bangin all night. one day phone ring an boy happy if can plain caught an some fresh legs have to play at HONDA. farmleague life not easy , an still deserve goldwest at NHL!

EENOK,Professional Hockeyprofessor Finland

eenok*

vatanen always best players on ice no matter league. like timonen. but i say better. timonen at som point best money maker NHL. timonen NHL elite. vatanen SOON , very soon NHL elite. i say after 20 NHL games. thanks for pass, makes me shoot an score...again: HUGE THANKS:handclap:

EENOK, Hockeyprofessor,IL Finland

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
vatanen always best players on ice no matter league. like timonen. but i say better. timonen at som point best money maker NHL. timonen NHL elite. vatanen SOON , very soon NHL elite. i say after 20 NHL games. thanks for pass, makes me shoot an score...again: HUGE THANKS:handclap:

Are you related to Esa Tikkanen? ;-)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Then why isn't he scoring in the minor leagues? By your logic he should have 40 points by now.

I swear this guy is sucking all the fun out of being a Vatanen fan.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Meh, I think some of you are being a little too hard on Vatanen. Let's be honest, the guy does have a pretty impressive 25 points in 37 AHL games as a 21 year old. Pretty good from a rookie defenseman. I agree that he isn't ready, but I still think he's going to be an NHL player at some point.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
I think your missing a chunk of games or something
@Preds
Blue jackets
Aves
@Kings
Nashville
Wild
@coyotes
@coyotes
coyotes
flames.

this is actually the "easy" part of our schedule coming up, once we get to march 10th it goes downhill and fast.

Ahh, for some reason nhl.com mixed in some already played games into the list, sorry.

Of course I don't want them to lose to anybody, but looking at that schedule there's nothing absolutely horrible coming our way. We should be able to turn out at least a 6-game winning streak (already 3 wins) if we win this one, which would give us some distance on San Jose for division lead.

Or this is just some massive jinx, Rinne shuts the door on us and Weber scores a hat trick with Getzlaf and Selanne getting injured. :sarcasm:

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Meh, I think some of you are being a little too hard on Vatanen. Let's be honest, the guy does have a pretty impressive 25 points in 37 AHL games as a 21 year old. Pretty good from a rookie defenseman. I agree that he isn't ready, but I still think he's going to be an NHL player at some point.

They also aren't really an impressive offensive team. I'm not at all worried about his offense tbh.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Per Eric Stephens:

Luca Sbisa-Toni Lydman
Bryan Allen-Ben Lovejoy

i like those lines. maroon deserves another shot.
most of the rookies last night looked nervous. heres hoping they get their legs underneath them last night and are ready to play tonight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad