Ducks name Radko Gudas captain

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Reminds me of Derek MacKenzie captaining the Panthers, or Bryce Salvador on the Devils.

Sometimes the young guys just aren't ready/proven to be leaders yet, and you need a veteran to rally around and guide the team.

I see why it raises some eyebrows since Gudas is an enforcer/goon/whatever you wanna call him, but I think it was the right choice personally. Plus, isn't he very well-liked in every locker room he's been in? Like yeah no shit the opponent isn't gonna like him.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
The ducks arent even the most promising rebuilding team in california

By the time ducks become good, gudas will be off the team and a young player will from the core will emerge as captain. Gudas is a doormat captain, just a placeholder

They're more likely to win a playoff round this year then the Leafs.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
Seems like a Fowler trade is going to happen sooner than later cause why would you not name Fowler captain?
Because he never shows an ounce of emotion, skates away from scrums like he's going to catch a disease, and holds onto the puck behind his goalie's net during blowouts because he'd rather ride out the clock than try and score one for the fans even when the team's going to lose.

He has never been captain material. Pretty good player, but not a captain. Radko on the other hand already was the captain last season without wearing the C. We all expected Gudas to be the new captain this season, so this wasn't a surprise at all.

Last edited:

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Pretty sure we made Neidermeyer the captain shortly after his arrival.
That's different.

Before arriving in Anaheim, Niedermayer was already a future hall of fame, a Norris winner covered in individual and collective hardware, and he had worn the captain title on occasion in NJ. It made sense in that context, because of his aura and accomplishements.

Gudas is just one of the boys. I mean, I could see a guy like that growing organically into a captain after several years but in the current context, it just seems like the Ducks feel they have few legit leadership options on the roster.

Nor is someone like Fowler or Terry going to be the better option as a leader.
Yeah, that's what I said.

Gudas is not an awful choice, but he's not an optimal choice. I'm not saying it's a bad decision, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad