GDT: Ducks @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Seems like Keefe's system fits Nico's game perfectly, he's going nuts out there. Jack on the other hand, while getting better he's having some issues. I don't think he's allowed to freelance as much or at least he doesn't recognize when he should or shouldn't.

We're actually starting have a bit of a forecheck and we dump and chase when needed. The other night Palat and Bratt had speed through the NZ with Jack way behind them. Instead of dumping the puck in for his line mates with speed he held onto it and tried to dipsy doodle through, couldn't and was forced to just chip it in. Meanwhile his line mates were standing flat footed at the blue line with no chance or doing anything. The puck was picked up and transitioned out of the zone with our guys trapped which eventually lead to a goal.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Seems like Keefe's system fits Nico's game perfectly, he's going nuts out there. Jack on the other hand, while getting better he's having some issues. I don't think he's allowed to freelance as much or at least he doesn't recognize when he should or shouldn't.

We're actually starting have a bit of a forecheck and we dump and chase when needed. The other night Palat and Bratt had speed through the NZ with Jack way behind them. Instead of dumping the puck in for his line mates with speed he held onto it and tried to dipsy doodle through, couldn't and was forced to just chip it in. Meanwhile his line mates were standing flat footed at the blue line with no chance or doing anything. The puck was picked up and transitioned out of the zone with our guys trapped which eventually lead to a goal.
The system isn't as aggressive defensively higher in the defensive zone, which means less offense off the transition and more from the cycle. That's definitely going to hurt a guy like Jack.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
nico’s been looking like the 2017 WJC version and it’s a joy to watch. he always had this in him
A joy? He's a selfish puck hog who never passes. How else do you explain the goals to assist ratio? Guy's a plug. Why else does Keefe use him to take big draws and matchup to the other team's best players? They should trade him for Laine.

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad