GDT: Ducks @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

RNCDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
What to do about Palat?

Hard to change up line-ups, like moving Noesen up, because most lines seem to be creating pressure. Noesen has been an animal on the puck, making smart, quick decisions and even FINISHING. He and Cotter have really fixed the bottom depth. Maybe it's ok, because Jack is such a softee in the d-zone and along the walls.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Hard to tell in the arena what happened to Lazar. Did he get injured in the fall itself, the slide or the contact towards the net?

Can someone break it down...

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
What to do about Palat?

Hard to change up line-ups, like moving Noesen up, because most lines seem to be creating pressure. Noesen has been an animal on the puck, making smart, quick decisions and even FINISHING. He and Cotter have really fixed the bottom depth. Maybe it's ok, because Jack is such a softee in the d-zone and along the walls.

Nothing but hope he somehow figures it out. He has no value and we don't really have much forward depth internally to sit him for. Especially with Lazar about to miss a lot of time.

Camille the Eel

Hard to tell in the arena what happened to Lazar. Did he get injured in the fall itself, the slide or the contact towards the net?

Can someone break it down...
Gudas cheap shot - Lazar is coming through the middle slot engaged with a defenseman high and Gudas hip checks him late down low. I say hip check but borderline slew foot. Lazar helped off seemed not to want to put weight on the leg. Didn’t come back. I speculate the check did something to the knee but who knows, could have been the spinning awkward fall on his hip or even back.

But there’s no excuse for Gudas. No need for it, he’s going in low for his legs . . . Just stinks.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

Love seeing Nico at the top of the leaderboard, but I have to quibble with the NHL continuing this “Devils/Rockies/Scouts” bullshit.

Nobody outside a nursing home remembers the f***ing Scouts, and nothing worth a damn came out of either team before the move to NJ.

Just call it Devils history and save the pixels. I promise, nobody will be offended.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Love seeing Nico at the top of the leaderboard, but I have to quibble with the NHL continuing this “Devils/Rockies/Scouts” bullshit.

Nobody outside a nursing home remembers the f***ing Scouts, and nothing worth a damn came out of either team before the move to NJ.

Just call it Devils history and save the pixels. I promise, nobody will be offended.
My wife hasn’t carted me off to a home yet.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Gudas cheap shot - Lazar is coming through the middle slot engaged with a defenseman high and Gudas hip checks him late down low. I say hip check but borderline slew foot. Lazar helped off seemed not to want to put weight on the leg. Didn’t come back. I speculate the check did something to the knee but who knows, could have been the spinning awkward fall on his hip or even back.

But there’s no excuse for Gudas. No need for it, he’s going in low for his legs . . . Just stinks.

Ok thanks. Somehow live I missed seeing that contact, I remember him sliding on the ice after falling.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

glenwo2

JESPER BRATWURST
Oct 18, 2008
New Jersey(No Fanz!)

That deserves a call from the DoPS but I'm not holding my breath...

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011

Speak for yourself. I've been pushing for a name change since 2012 when I was called up to the podium at church to give my testimony and said, "Lets Go Devils!" at the end. A handful of old ladies fainted as the entire church gasped. I was tossed out and told never to come back before they let me explain a thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad