GDT: Ducks @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
He ‘was’…it’s also entirely possible that second half last year was as much a sign he’s washed as it was Calgary selling off
This could be very true. But a 'proven' goaltender doesnt mean they may or may not be washed; it means they've proven to be a starter before

If they had said we keep getting over-the-hill starters and washed-up backups, then I would have agreed lol

@John Pedro

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Yup. We were in a position where we basically had to bet on him bouncing back and I also figured he would. He’s still just a ghost offensively though
There's still time and I've been encouraged by his last few games, but if he doesn't get going this year we aren't doing crap.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I whole-heartedly disagree with that lol. If Jacob Markstrom isnt a proven goalie than 20+ teams may as well not bother icing anyone in the net
his sv% last two seasons: .890 and .904 that's average to bellow average. His career has been pretty inconsistent to say the least. he's a nhler for sure, but not a very good one... he can have some great season between mediocre ones... we could very well be getting his mediocre self this season then a good/average one next year

Reactions: Deviled

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
There's still time and I've been encouraged by his last few games, but if he doesn't get going this year we aren't doing crap.

I do think he’s at least had some better chances but 8 shots over the past 5 games while averaging over 18 minutes simply doesn’t cut it.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad