GDT: Ducks @ Devils - 4:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

getzforfighting*

Not getting the shutout put me out of my fantasy hockey playoffs, but still good to get the two points and head home.

Ducksgo*

good game

gibby was lights out

we are looking like we might go into the playoffs strong.

Gibby is just so strong. Just wish he would know how to rebound control. Those saves that go inbetween the hash marks is a gasp for air every time.

Ducksgo*

To be honest Gibson looks like he has some Hasek in his game. Very athletic and has that nitch of going all in on a puck to make the save. If he has to do a two pad stack he will do it. He definitely reminds me of Hasek.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
So little hockey for the ducks between now and playoffs... so now we wait and watch everyone else fight around us.

ubRc02u.gif

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
Holy ****, don't post things like that, Kal. I'm in a hospital waiting room and I almost gave an old lady a heart attack trying to contain my laughter.

Luckily we're at a hospital, if she did.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
I like the lines, kinda. I'm not sure what Wagner adds to any line though. Decent speed but hes too small to intimidate or punish anyone with checks, has zero poise with the puck and a slow release. Might as well have the faster and higher skilled Etem in there. Definitely cool with Stoner as our 7th.

Really?

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
To be honest Gibson looks like he has some Hasek in his game. Very athletic and has that nitch of going all in on a puck to make the save. If he has to do a two pad stack he will do it. He definitely reminds me of Hasek.

Yeah he definitely does, he can make that impossible save.

He just needs better balance (which I think will give him better rebound control too). Right now I prefer Freddie because he is more predictable and still can pull a rabbit out of his hat once in a while.

Long term, Gibson is still has more potential in my opinion, but I definitely think I give Freddie game 1 unless he looks horrible or injured to end the season.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Yeah I just don't think he brings anything Etem can't. With considerable less speed and offensive upside.

Have you watched any of the last 3 games?

Etem is slightly faster not quicker and has more of a scoring touch.

Wagner is 100% more physical (playoffs), stronger, more grit (playoffs), can play center (60% on NHL draws) (playoffs).

And that's why he's played the last 3 games.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Have you watched any of the last 3 games?

Etem is slightly faster not quicker and has more of a scoring touch.

Wagner is 100% more physical (playoffs), stronger, more grit (playoffs), can play center (60% on NHL draws) (playoffs).

And that's why he's played the last 3 games.

I don't think Wagner is stronger than Etem, maybe more grit in his simple style of play. He's made a couple big hits and has done a good job trolling. But I'm not convinced he's really making a big impact on the game. Definately not as much as Jackman, and I believe Etem has more impact with his work on the PK and even strength forechecking.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I will add Wagner looks like he may have the ability to get under opposing teams skin. It's been awhile since we've had anyone that can do that on a consistent basis. If he can get us some power plays from retaliation penalties and throw opposing players off their game he would be a huge plus. But that's all I can imagine will make him a permanent fixture.

perrygetzanother

Jun 14, 2014
somewhere nice
I will add Wagner looks like he may have the ability to get under opposing teams skin. It's been awhile since we've had anyone that can do that on a consistent basis. If he can get us some power plays from retaliation penalties and throw opposing players off their game he would be a huge plus. But that's all I can imagine will make him a permanent fixture.

do you not see your avatar?

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Seasons past yeah Corey has been the ultimate troll. When's the last time Perry has done that though? I can only think of a few times all season Perry has gone out of his way to get his opponents pissed.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that Perry will up his trolling game in the playoffs. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad