Post-Game Talk: Ducks def. Canucks - 7-4 (Pearson, Pettersson, Garland, Hughes)

Would you rather fight 1 whale or 1000 ducks?

• Total voters

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
How many drinks do you have during the games? Just curious.
None my hughes trade him opinion you dont like so must be booze honest what did he win us tonight or last 6 games or first 25 maybe you think hes cute

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
After seeing Markys success with Calgary thus far, makes you think by the end of things, he will be better known as a Flames goaltender, than the Canucks.:eek:

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
The biggest thing for me is Petey getting his mojo back, and it's clear it isn't happening over night. But these little things going his way help, he looked like nothing could possibly go right for him and he was playing with his tail between his legs.

These small moments of kick coming back into his game need to be built upon, get the hands going in traffic and the smart lateral moves, the willingness to engage and kick back against checkers.

I don't know what's been going on for him but hopefully he's working with a psychologist. He needs to want it for himself.

It's some of these struggles that make me wish the Sedins had hung around that extra season and he would have been exposed to their professional behaviours, lifestyle, and approach to the game as a rookie. They're around but it isn't the same.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
2.5 hours of our lives that we will never get back...

:(
I was actually stoked for this game. i could have lived with a loss but not an absolute duster with a bunch of big money guys looking like they were going for twirl at 8 rinks.

I'm done with the optimism for this group.....make some hard decisions and demand better training and commitment.

Time to reset and hopefully get some flexibility

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Ducks set the tone physically right off the opening draw and didn't look back.

Canucks looked slow as molasses and had another shitty start and couldn't catch up.

Blow it up and move some big pieces out already. Team is nowhere near being a cup contender.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He also assisted on the garland goal last game by crashing the net

If you go through Markus Naslund’s last couple years here you could cherry pick some plays where he went into tough areas but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t a total perimeter floater in the bigger picture.

Pettersson gets an exceptionally low number of gritty points taking the puck to hard areas of the ice. He’s PP one-timers and second assists some fancy neutral zone dekes and you don’t register as an elite player that way.

He started his career that way but then got hurt a couple times and how he plays changed entirely.

Reactions: Ozone and Godkolzin

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Really loved Hog and Pod towards the end their not just keeling over.

Before Hog came to the NHL he was a major shit disturber, was always running his mouth, throwing borderline hits, he was almost a little too undisciplined with it and got suspended more than I'd be comfortable with but he had a real pest element to his game that can make a player that much more valuable on the ice when done properly (Garland can be a great example of this). Hopeful to see that come back, he needs to get his confidence back again too

Reactions: Nucker101

HeLord

Feb 19, 2022
After seeing Markys success with Calgary thus far, makes you think by the end of things, he will be better known as a Flames goaltender, than the Canucks.:eek:

F**k the lames! I hope they get destroyed in the playoffs like in 2019.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
I was actually stoked for this game. i could have lived with a loss but not an absolute duster with a bunch of big money guys looking like they were going for twirl at 8 rinks.

I'm done with the optimism for this group.....make some hard decisions and demand better training and commitment.

Time to reset and hopefully get some flexibility
I hear ya.

Get on it, Management!

Reactions: sting101

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad