Speculation: Ducks are the only team without a single UFA signing (Still need to hit Cap Floor)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
What an embarrassment for the organization. Unlike the draft where there was a strategy and executed plan, the Ducks just can't get it done with UFAs. Not even an upgrade for the AHL with 2-way contracts or low cost one-way flyers. It's going to be a very long offseason for duck fans and now I only expect to be a dumping ground for bad contracts. Looking forward to my favorites coming our way like rag-doll Justin Holl and one dimensional and fragile Patrik Laine.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I don't really see the big deal this team is under the cap floor moves have to be made and will be made to make this team better.

Just because you don't sign a guy on Day 1 of Free Agency doesn't mean that everything is a failure. I am not personally concerned.

especially when you consider where the team is right now. I would have loved that Walker contract, and I'd like to have seen the Stenlund or Lomberg deals, but other than that.. no thanks. The last thing Anaheim should be doing is tying their cap up. We've set ourselves up very well for the future.

Reactions: goonsaredumb

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
They'll take on shorter-term contracts that cap-strapped teams are trying to get rid of later in the off-season in exchange for assets
Sounds a like a standard plan for a team that just entered rebuild... not one that has been out of the playoffs for 6 straight seasons with a GM entering his 3rd year......

Unless Verbeek is literally following Yzerman's path and aiming for a 10 year drought.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Sounds a like a standard plan for a team that just entered rebuild... not one that has been out of the playoffs for 6 straight seasons with a GM entering his 3rd year......

Unless Verbeek is literally following Yzerman's path and aiming for a 10 year drought.
This team is not a playoff team with 2 overpaid contracts coming in minute 1 of free agency.

Players would also want to play for this team that has been picking top 3 in the draft the last two seasons

Reactions: dukeofjive

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

There is plenty of solid potential trade targets for us to aim at....

You are acting like some of the contracts handed out today were going to make up cup contenders? Not likely, all it was going to do was create cap issues when we have to resign all our young guys.

Reactions: goonsaredumb

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver

Their core players were drafted in 2019-2024 - it's going to take a few years for them to truly be competitive. By then most of the core players will be off their ELCs. They're all so young right now, there's no point using the money that will be spent on their next contracts on a bunch of older UFAs. You just need to wait for them to get a bit older, it's just how it is now.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
This ended up being a support group for fans of teams who didn't do anything today haha
Anaheim now open for teams that need to shed cap.... send us your middle 6 cap casualties and your RHD cap casualties.

They will probably bring Rico back. Actually ok with that.
I mean im okay bringing rico back as like a 4c or something... or maybe put him with terrys bum ass... and keep them both away from zegras.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad