Friedman: Ducks are now preparing to trade Lindholm after failed talks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
The Blues offer 2 1sts instead of adding Neighbors. And power forward Kostin who was another 1st rounder. That’s a haul
Verbeek has said he prefers prospects over picks. the organization is going to prefer prospects that are closer to being NHL ready than late firsts that won't be NHL ready for much longer

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
The Blues offer 2 1sts instead of adding Neighbors. And power forward Kostin who was another 1st rounder. That’s a haul

Verbeek has stated a preference for prospects over picks, and the insiders are all mentioning the Ducks are demanding a top prospect. Pieces like late 1sts are secondary, but the team who puts their blue chip prospect forward will probably have the best chance. Perunovich really isn't a fit for a team that already has Drysdale, that means Neighbours to play ball. I could always be wrong but that's where the arrows point IMO

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Verbeek has stated a preference for prospects over picks, and the insiders are all mentioning the Ducks are demanding a top prospect. Pieces like late 1sts are secondary, but the team who puts their blue chip prospect forward will probably have the best chance. Perunovich really isn't a fit for a team that already has Drysdale, that means Neighbours to play ball. I could always be wrong but that's where the arrows point IMO
Agreed - IMO I would prefer Neighbors over Perunovich and the extra 1st.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If someone is going to put their "best prospects", unless they think that he's going to make a huge difference for a cup run, then it makes no sense. He's going to be expensive to sign so he's is going to be a rental for most teams. after all, none of the contenders have any head room to sign a 6-7 million defenseman.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
The Ducks do.....and they don't want to pay his price. No team trades away top players unless they are askign for more then the team believes they are worth.

Lets' see if any GM steps up with what some fans think he's worth.
Lindholm is easily worth 7x7. I'd be surprised if he doesn't get that or more on the open market. It's been said that Verbeek isn't looking to give longer term contracts. My guess is that if they were closer to being a contending team, that may be different. Given their current situation, they may as well try to help the rebuild.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Dreaming of a Lindholm-Parayko + Krug-Faulk top four.

I don’t think there’s another D available who would be as great of a partner with Colton as Hampus would.
I feel like having Parayko and Lindholm play their own lines would be even better. You'd have two guys out there who can shut down the best of them for 45-ish minutes a night.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I feel like having Parayko and Lindholm play their own lines would be even better. You'd have two guys out there who can shut down the best of them for 45-ish minutes a night.

Berube likes to have a straight up shutdown pairing, but I’d also have absolutely zero issues with a setup of Lindholm-Faulk and Krug-Parayko instead.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Berube likes to have a straight up shutdown pairing, but I’d also have absolutely zero issues with a setup of Lindholm-Faulk and Krug-Parayko instead.
I would argue the best Lindholm ever played was when he was paired with another shutdown defensemen in Manson. they were an absolute elite shutdown pairing when together. could see that happening again if he plays with Parayko

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I would argue the best Lindholm ever played was when he was paired with another shutdown defensemen in Manson. they were an absolute elite shutdown pairing when together. could see that happening again if he plays with Parayko

Yeah, he has every single quality that Parayko needs his partner to have to be at his best. I legitimately feel like they would dominate together, and his acquisition would put us firmly with the top of the contenders.

Reactions: dracom

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
if this is blues vs bruins, i'd be surprised if armstrong didn't skewer ole donnie and get hampus

Reactions: Estlin

yurnxt

Apr 7, 2009
Yah that’s the rumor of what Lindholm is wanting. And the board is making very solid points here. Who has the cap for a 8x8 that’s a contender. I mean it’s not like Anaheim is broke. They would have signed him to his dollar amount. But that term is what killed the deal
Tje Blues have the space, especially if Scandella. and his 3.275 goes the other way in the deal.

Perron and his 4 mill comes off the books or possibly comes back for less and they will trade Tarasenko for pure futures and or a pair of 1st's freeing up another 7.5. The Blues forward depth is so absurd with 9 literal top 6 players/rolling 3 lines that would each be 1st lines on many teams that Tank doesn't necessarily need replaced by another premium contract player. He could possibly be replaced with from within by a younger player, be replaced by a much cheaper forward contract coming back in his trade, or be replaced someone like Des from the Ducks if the deal is more than just Lindholm coming back.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Not looking good for Boston as it seems they might have hit a snag on the package between the two teams. One of the players does not want to resign.
Boston could be pivoting now to Arizona and Chychyrun. :(

I would expect you to hear more news on the Blues putting together a workable package today.

Reactions: Stealth JD

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Not looking good for Boston as it seems they might have hit a snag on the package between the two teams. One of the players does not want to resign.
Boston could be pivoting now to Arizona and Chychyrun. :(

I would expect you to hear more news on the Blues putting together a workable package today.

Where you seeing this at?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad