Value of: Duchene to NYI

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Any idea if he's open to signing before becoming UFA? Just kicking the tires here.... a legitimate 2C would be a huge boost to this team. Islanders have a lot of young forwards and draft picks to work with, but I can't see them making a move unless they can get him inked.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He would be 1 B thats what Duchene is and i think a great fit. He has scored at an incredible rate since he joined the sens. Dobson is what the sens need not sure NYI does it though.

Reactions: 63 others

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Any idea if he's open to signing before becoming UFA? Just kicking the tires here.... a legitimate 2C would be a huge boost to this team. Islanders have a lot of young forwards and draft picks to work with, but I can't see them making a move unless they can get him inked.

He would be a great top 6 addition.An upgrade on Nelson.

1 major concern though...he and Tavares share the same agent and Duchene has said he is intrigued by the Tavares ufa process.

The further we get to July 1st, the less likely he is to bypass the ufa market.

Reactions: Getz2perry

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
He would be 1 B thats what Duchene is and i think a great fit. He has scored at an incredible rate since he joined the sens. Dobson is what the sens need not sure NYI does it though.

No the isles wouldn't imo. There are teans lacking a #1C who might overpay for Duchene. Isles are grooming Barzal for that #1 role and are not desperate enough to overpay

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He would be a great top 6 addition.An upgrade on Nelson.

1 major concern though...he and Tavares share the same agent and Duchene has said he is intrigued by the Tavares ufa process.

The further we get to July 1st, the less likely he is to bypass the ufa market.
Thats a good point, while I think duechene would be a great fit for islanders.... would be awful if they traded away assets just for duechene to leave in the offseason.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Thats a good point, while I think duechene would be a great fit for islanders.... would be awful if they traded away assets just for duechene to leave in the offseason.

We are having a discussion on the nyi board, about whether Lou would move top assets for a rental.
There was a draft weekend tweet on the nyi board,that Lou walked away from a potential EK trade because EK was not interested in an NYI extension.

Imo the nyi were probably more desperate at that time to swing a major deal. Hoping to sway Tavares and boost the roster .

If the isles were not willing to move high end pieces for 1 season of EK,I do not see them moving high end pieces for a 1/2 season of Duchene .

Comes back to whether Duchene is willing to sign an extension .

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
Dobson for a Duchene rental?!? Lmao
If the isles offer bode Wilde the sens add

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Isles are lacking a 2c
Yes,I am aware of that.

Some team lacking a #1C,may be willing to give up a top bluechip prospect like Dobson.
But,the isles with 21 yr old Barzal, are not desperate enough to make that sort of overpayment for Duchene

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Do you see this season's nyi as a serious SC contender, able to get past power house TB ,with the addition of Duchene?
I don't

No I dont, but with the system that trotz has them playing I have no idea lmao. I’m not an islanders fan but I follow the team. I wouldn’t move picks/prospects for futures if I was in control of the team. I thought they would be a top 10 lock for a pick this year, but they still definitely need an influx of young skilled guys, no matter if they make the playoffs or not, so you’re right

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
No I dont, but with the system that trotz has them playing I have no idea lmao. I’m not an islanders fan but I follow the team. I wouldn’t move picks/prospects for futures if I was in control of the team. I thought they would be a top 10 lock for a pick this year, but they still definitely need an influx of young skilled guys, no matter if they make the playoffs or not, so you’re right

If the Islanders could do a trade and sign I would be all for going after Duchene since he is exactly what we need but that being said I don't see Duchene signing with anybody before July 1 so it's a moot point

If I had to do an Islanders needs list it would go

1. 1b or #2 center who is good on faceoffs
2. Top pairing defenseman, preferably left handed

No more wingers

Sad thing is Panerin and Bobrovski are the 2 guys I can see most likely willing to sign here, but neither are the guys who fill specific needs(although you might make a case for Bobrovski, that the Islanders lack a top 10 goalie). My guess though is Panerin signs with the Rangers

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

I do not see them as a serious SC contender at this point, with or without Duchene.
So,while I would want Lou kicking the tires on Duchene, I would expect Lou to once again ask the Sens player if he interested in an extension.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
If the Islanders could do a trade and sign I would be all for going after Duchene since he is exactly what we need but that being said I don't see Duchene signing with anybody before July 1 so it's a moot point

Working closely with Brisson, Duchene is gonna want a bonus filled, front loaded contract.
Neither Duchene or the Sens GM seem fazed by the reported lack of extension talks. It sure looks like he go through the Tavares ufa process.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00