Friedman: Duchene Mega-Thread Pt. 1 - Ottawa fielding offers, NSH & CBJ interested; Duchene sitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
No because obviously the goalies are naturally lower and to be fair Gavrikov is old enough now to where he shouldnt be a prospect he just hasnt come over yet. And the F prospects I listed arent even the top F compared to what most cbj fans say. Bemstrom and Davidsson are the guys you would likely want.
So, you're telling me that Texier and Foudy aren't the top guys and we should be going for Davidsson and Bemstrom, yet you list the first 2 as untouchable.

You're not a used car salesman are you?

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
So, you're telling me that Texier and Foudy aren't the top guys and we should be going for Davidsson and Bemstrom, yet you list the first 2 as untouchable.

You're not a used car salesman are you?
I listed the guys I PERSONALLY think are our best guys. Tarasov is most peoples 3rd goalie in our pipeline they like a Fin I didn't list. I think most have Tex 4th and the whole boars is in love with Bemstrom but I havent bought in yet. Before him people were hoping Davidsson would make the twam thisnyear he was the final cut but again I like the other 2 who were draftes as Cs but people are claiming they will never be and they will he wings but that worh PLD and they were wrong then too sooo yeah. Everyone agrees on the D though and some might budge on Peeke but I wouldn't. You can go check out the ranks for players and mine are much more then different from fans.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Worst trade in the cap era?

The Senators have a chance to redeem themselves if they get incomprehensibly lucky with the return and a piece from it ends up being as valuable as the 1st they gave up to get him, but it's not likely.

It probably goes down as one of the worst trades of the decades, and it probably sets the Senators back years.

Reactions: topshelf15

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
If 8X8 is on the table he should really take it cause I have a hard time seeing another team offering him even 7X9 in the offseason for some reason

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
gonna be funny when the avs get a top 3 pick, and then Ottawa looks for a 1C for the next decade

Just give Duchene 9x8 Melynyk, and pay it in signing bonuses just like most teams are lining up to do July 1st

56pts in 49 games....

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
If 8X8 is on the table he should really take it cause I have a hard time seeing another team offering him even 7X9 in the offseason for some reason
In the world where one of the best GMs in the league offered Ryan Johansen 8 mil per year years ago you don't see Duchene getting more than that in 2019? After above PPG season, in the open market? Come on. He should get it and he definitely will get it.

Reactions: Mud the ACAS

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

you are kidding right? Duchene is a #1C putting up 1.14ppg

the habs will have 20 mil and cap and no one getting more than a mil or 2 to sign. They are easily gonna offer
Duchene 9 mil

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
gonna be funny when the avs get a top 3 pick, and then Ottawa looks for a 1C for the next decade

Just give Duchene 9x8 Melynyk, and pay it in signing bonuses just like most teams are lining up to do July 1st

56pts in 49 games....
Guarantee you he will decline next season. Stone is the priority here not Duchene

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Could we see Turris for Duchene?

I think Nashville needs a C more than any other contender.

The Islanders are another possibility. They have some pieces they could move to make it happen.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

Personally I would say Duchene is probably worth in the 8.5 area over a 7 year deal but as an Islanders fan I would say screw it give him the extra 500k a year given our need for a 1b Centre

Hindsight being 20/20 the Islanders really should have went all in on O'Reilly, but I have a feeling Buffalo wanted him out of the East

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

56pts in 49 games....

By the time Ottawa is actually good again, Duchene will be a declining 32 year old with a $9M cap hit.

Reactions: AvsFan29 and Eltuna

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
By the time Ottawa is actually good again, Duchene will be a declining 32 year old with a $9M cap hit.
This is the answer right here. Stone is a different story (sign him if possible) but to me signing Duchene now at a really big number is shades of the Leafs signing Kessel to save face on the trade then having to retain on him to trade him shortly after. The biggest problem with the Duchene trade wasn’t the value (obviously still really bad value with the way things worked out), it was the timing.

Reactions: 12Dog

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
you are kidding right? Duchene is a #1C putting up 1.14ppg

the habs will have 20 mil and cap and no one getting more than a mil or 2 to sign. They are easily gonna offer
Duchene 9 mil
The success that Duchene has had this season, is not a good example of what you will get when signing Duchene.

He is playing way above his average. I've seen 90%+ of his games, and whoever signs him to a 9x7 or 8x7 will be very unhappy in 2-3 years.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
Good for the Sens. They aren’t competing anytime soon and if he’s not resigning before the deadline they need to trade him.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Is foudy good friends with formenton ? If so that's Dorion's guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad