Dubois vs Boeser

Top player going forward?

• Total voters

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Brock Boeser easily. How the heck some people actually take Dubois ? Brock has a better play making and scoring abilities. Dubois does assert his position very well as your typical centreman , but let’s be real here. It’s
Boeser this one and he is our legit goal scorer. Can’t see us being a better team if we replaced boeser with Dubois today.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Boeser last year 29 goals in 62 games prorate to 39 goals

Boeser this year 10 goals in 21 games prorate to 39 goals

both years point totals protate go 73 and 71 points

and... he's only 21 years old
. To me, this is phenomimal prodiction... i choose Boeser..scoring a goal every second game is just too valuable..

Dubois is a year and a half younger and producing at the same points clip. And I think Boeser needs to be outproducing to be on par.

Nipsey

Aug 8, 2018
Brock Boeser easily. He's a Franchise level goal scorer. By himself is a 40 goal scorer, with a Franchise Centre in Pettersson to play with could hit 50 goals.

Through their first 90 career games

Matthews - 47 goals
Laine - 45 goals
Boeser -42 goals

He does the hardest thing to do in this league at an elite level.

Drew Doubty

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, B.C.
Canucks fan saying Dubois. To me it's similar to a Horvat vs Boeser debate and I know who I'd take in that argument. Sure, Boeser is a top 10 shooter in the NHL, and that's probably the best skill in the game to have in your back pocket, however from what I've seen from PLD he's above-average to great at all aspects of the game. For the Canucks I'd take Boeser over PLD because of organizational need, but if I were starting a team from scratch it's PLD all day for me.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Boeser looks to have taken the step from ~70 point player to PPG player, and looks to be a perrenial 40 goal scorer.

That level of offense is in an elite category and I don’t think Dubois overall play can match that.

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
I think this one depends very much on what you need as a franchise - it's close enough in terms of overall impact that I think it's justifiable either way.

For a damn good two way player with a bit less offense to him (not a lot less, but a bit), I think a ton of people would go Dubois. He's younger, bigger, faster, with a better overall motor, and better defensively.

However, Brock is among the best in the league at the single most valuable thing there is in hockey - goalscoring. He's creative enough to play and facilitate with high-end players, but his ability to finish is second-to-none and what makes him such a coveted asset. For the Canucks, who have players like Petterrsson and/or Horvat who can drive the play, Boeser fits perfectly because he doesn't have the primary catalyst on a line - he can just help keep the puck moving long enough to get in place, then unleash that unreal shot of his.

Really, it depends on what you value, and what your team needs. It could easily go either way.

dKs89

Oct 22, 2016
Dubois is a year and a half younger and producing at the same points clip. And I think Boeser needs to be outproducing to be on par.
Huh? This post is simply not true at all.

Boeser: 23 GP, 12G 11A 23pts, 1 ppg
PLD: 33 GP, 13G 14A 27pts, .81 ppg

Career:
Boeser: 94 GP, 45G 38A 83pts, .88 ppg
PLD: 115 GP: 33G 42A 75pts, .65 ppg

So this shows very clearly that PLD is not producing at the level Boeser is. Boeser is easily a much better goal scorer and his assist totals show he is not one dimensional offensively. He can stick handle through players and passes well.

This is not to discredit PLD as 75 pts in 115 games is still very impressive especially for how young he is. However, he has not produced at a 1C level yet through those 115 games. That doesn't mean he can't, he's still young and getting better and definitely has the potential to.

Compare Boeser with other elite young talents for PPG:

Marner: 192GP 173pts, .90 ppg
Laine: 188GP 164pts, .87 ppg
Boeser: 94GP 83 pts, .88ppg

Over those 94 GP Boeser has proven to be an elite goal scorer and a first line right wing. So I have to go with him until PLD shows true #1 numbers.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Huh? This post is simply not true at all.

Boeser: 23 GP, 12G 11A 23pts, 1 ppg
PLD: 33 GP, 13G 14A 27pts, .81 ppg

C'mon man, my post was on Saturday, Boeser scored a few since then, Dubois did not.

And just going with these new numbers for a moment, an added .2ppg for Dubois would be a 25% increase. That's standard fare for improvements around age 20 through 22. Not a big difference really.

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
Tough i think dubois could have the bigger impact of the two but if boeser plays triggerman with petterson he could have a really good career especially a couple rockets but if panarin stays dubois could end up being a 90 pt selke candidate

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Tough i think dubois could have the bigger impact of the two but if boeser plays triggerman with petterson he could have a really good career especially a couple rockets but if panarin stays dubois could end up being a 90 pt selke candidate

Dubois isn't going to be a 90 point Selke guy. That's literally prime Datsyuk. He would win the Hart with that combination. Not gonna happen. Maybe 70-80 points and Selke.

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
Dubois isn't going to be a 90 point Selke guy. That's literally prime Datsyuk. He would win the Hart with that combination. Not gonna happen. Maybe 70-80 points and Selke.
Scoring is going up i don't think he'll do it consistently though just once if this year is an anomaly i don't see boeser getting more than 40 goals or dubois more than 80

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad