Drew Doughty, Quinn Hughes, Miro Heiskanen or Alexander Barkov: Who's most to blame?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Doughty, Hughes, Heiskanen or Barkov: Who's most to blame for McDavid breaking the assist record?

• Drew Doughty

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Quinn Hughes

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Miro Heiskanen

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Alexander Barkov

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Nobody is to blame, McDavid is just better than Gretzky!

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • All 4 are to blame! None of them should make the Hall of fame after allowing this to happen!

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Just want to say that the record wouldn't have been broken angainst Pronger, Blake, Stevens and Peca

Votes: 9 19.6%

• Total voters

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
I hate all those answers. Gretzky had playoff runs better than McDavids. Eras have to factor in too. No singular person he faced actually got torched 1 on 1 enough to account for his overall breaking of the record. Hughes didn't do great but McDavid had 1 assist in a 3 game span that series and didn't even put up a point in game 7.

Only answer that's legit is McDavid is the best player of the era and had a great playoff run. It's no one else's fault, he's just that good. Comparisons to Gretzky border on total meaninglessness since they played in such different leagues on such different teams. I know people want to discuss it but it really isn't objective enough to be compelling.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
wow, a Dostoevsky quote! 🤯

You're based af my brother, you're my new favorite

I blame Kevin Lowe and Craig MacTavish, arguably, the best GM admin Edmonton has ever had when you think about it
A fellow man of culture
🤝

Reactions: KingPuckChoo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad