Drew Doughty calls out his teammates

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Don’t know about this. He’s probably right but I feel this will be taken the wrong way. Especially with how Doughty’s been regressing for awhile now.

Didn’t Doughty turnover the puck at the o zone blue line which forced the Kings to take a penalty too?

Reactions: kinghock

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Don’t know about this. He’s probably right but I feel this will be taken the wrong way. Especially with how Doughty’s been regressing for awhile now.

Didn’t Doughty turnover the puck at the o zone blue line which forced the Kings to take a penalty too?
Somebody had to say it. Kopi said something similar too.

He’s still eating top minutes which is crazy for his age and is tied for the league lead in powerplay goals from defensemen. Yeah he does dumb stuff at times but I think he and Kopi are burnt out

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Doughty should probably care more about his own performance. Guy's making 11mil per year yet he's barely one of the top 30 defensemen in scoring in NHL. And of course, his inflated salary is eating into the team's ability to get additional depth players.

But hey, easier to blame others, I guess.

Definitely character issues with this guy. When he played in the SHL, he had to be told to start saying hello to the cleaning staff at the arena.
That's just pointless and unnecessary. I'd be annoyed with people pretending to be nice to me rather than just letting me do my work in peace, but hey.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
PLD might request a trade back to CBJ or WPG when he experiences 10 million people cursing his name as opposed to 1 million.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Definitely character issues with this guy. When he played in the SHL, he had to be told to start saying hello to the cleaning staff at the arena.
Are we just talking about a random 'hello' when walking into the building, or when he'd call them after already making a mess? Gotta be somewhat specific here - don't leave me to start painting pictures in my head.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
No hockey fan could critize multi Stanley Cup champion and Norris winner critical of teammates. Doughty isn't the problem.

We know he's not talking about Kopitar.
There's maybe a small handful of Kings fans who doesn't believe he's talking about Fiala. Most of us are sure about it. Especially with how he's played lately.

Apathetic PLD and selfish Fiala are Blake's trades that defining his legacy. To get those two, he traded:
Brock Faber
Gabriel Vilardi
Alex Iafallo
Rasmus Kupari
2022 1st
2024 2nd

That doesn't include trading Jonathan Quick + 2023 1st for Korpisalo and Gavrikov (who I like, but it doesn't redeem everything else Blake traded away).

And the Kings haven't even made it past the first round since Blake took over.

A lot of us are worried he's going to try to make another big move to save his job, but I'm hoping his mismanagement of the cap stops him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad