Proposal: Draisaitl to Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Our offense is such a joke without McDavid and Drai that it would take such a crazy over-pay that no GM in their right mind would do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DingDongCharlie

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I wasn't advocating for that trade but rather pointing out that your critique of it was incorrect. Your reply? "That's great but..." Typical blather.

Faulk has been better this season than in previous seasons - true? ‘Better than Hamilton’ this season? If so, this is selling high. Or is that also blather?

Regardless, not a deal we’d entertain.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It meets the requirements of your initial ask though... TT is a top-6 RW and Faulk is a good RHD. EA Sports says he's elite; heck, the Oil should add in that scenario!

My initial ask had Kyle Turris and Ryan Ellis mentioned specifically. You’re offering the Great Value version of that trade.

Reactions: ivanlwan

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
No, Faulk strikes me as a more offensive Kris Russell when I see him. Wouldnt trade Drai for him in a package.
They really aren't similar. Faulk is far more physical than Russell and much better defensively down low. Russell is better than Faulk positionally with his gap control in space. There's no offensive comparison between them. Don't see the comparison at all.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
i like how LD who has hit 77 points once is a 75-80 point player but hamilton who has had more than 40 points the last 4 seasons and has hit 50 is just a 40 point player

also note that hes a dman.

interesting way to label these players

that also makes rask a 45-50 point player then

Also makes Spooner a 45-50 point player...

Draisaitl is 23. He hit 77 points at 21 years old. It’s not exactly stretching the realms of reality to suggest he can do it again.

Absolutely not interested in a trade around Hamilton and Draisaitl. You know full well he’s in this deal because he hasn’t been what you’d hoped he’d be.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Faulk has been better this season than in previous seasons - true? ‘Better than Hamilton’ this season? If so, this is selling high. Or is that also blather?

Regardless, not a deal we’d entertain.
Faulk was very good defensively with Hainsey and Sekera, then not as much the last year or so but is back at that level this year. The fact that you have to ask is evidence that you're just winging it about Faulk's game. You don't like the deal fine, but your reasoning was based on erroneous info and know you are just adhering to pretzel logic.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Faulk was very good defensively with Hainsey and Sekera, then not as much the last year or so but is back at that level this year. The fact that you have to ask is evidence that you're just winging it about Faulk's game. You don't like the deal fine, but your reasoning was based on erroneous info and know you are just adhering to pretzel logic.

If you’re that comfortable with Faulks play than I’m sure you’d have no problem swapping him out for Hamilton?

No one is fooled. Before this season many of you were soured on him too.

Anyway I don’t want this to devolve into yet another Faulk conversation and suffice it to say no Oiler fan will value Faulk the way you do so you’d better hang onto him.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
If you’re that comfortable with Faulks play than I’m sure you’d have no problem swapping him out for Hamilton?

No one is fooled. Before this season many of you were soured on him too.

Anyway I don’t want this to devolve into yet another Faulk conversation and suffice it to say no Oiler fan will value Faulk the way you do so you’d better hang onto him.
Really having trouble following along aren't you? Not a matter of his value but simply pointing out, convincingly I might add, you don't know his game. Past or present but that doesn't stop you from posting nonsense.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Really having trouble following along aren't you? Not a matter of his value but simply pointing out, convincingly I might add, you don't know his game. Past or present but that doesn't stop you from posting nonsense.

TIL that ‘actually no he’s good defensively except for that one year and as long as he has the right partner’ is a convincing argument. :laugh:

I might look it up later if I feel like it but you should find Yost’s Faulk article. It’s a great read.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
TIL that ‘actually no he’s good defensively except for that one year and as long as he has the right partner’ is a convincing argument. :laugh:

I might look it up later if I feel like it but you should find Yost’s Faulk article. It’s a great read.
Again not what I posted. It's a convincing and effective counter to your uninformed 25 game sample size argument, which is my only point. That is, that's he's better than your contention. You keep trying to switch it to an argument about value. It's one of credibility and you've proven to have a short supply of it on this topic.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
I love these Carolina gets a superstar but doesn't offer up Slavin.

Edmonton laughs at this proposal

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Forget Aho. Forget Slavin. Forget this thread.

Drasaitl isn't available. Full stop. He's ours and we aren't giving him up.

That is the first logical response from the Oil yet. What is not logical is "Oh, you need offense on your team well just give us your best offensive player plus other guys then."

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Again not what I posted. It's a convincing and effective counter to your uninformed 25 game sample size argument, which is my only point. That is, that's he's better than your contention. You keep trying to switch it to an argument about value. It's one of credibility and you've proven to have a short supply of it on this topic.

You didn’t post any argument with any facts whatsoever. All you said was he’s playing well with DeHaan and he’s good with the right partner. Swell. Good for him. I don’t care. I don’t want him and the posted deal is not even close. Hell SlavinAway even agreed with me before saying he’s been better than Hamilton this season... or 25 games, which is where that came from.

You want to talk credibility, don’t pretend you made some convincing statistical argument when all you did was disagree.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I love these Carolina gets a superstar but doesn't offer up Slavin.

Edmonton laughs at this proposal

"Superstar" ..... ooookay

Supposedly Hamilton was a top 10-15 defenseman before Carolina acquired him and I don't recall anybody ever putting Slavin ahead of him in terms of league rankings....now he's suddenly hot trash

(I personally don't think Hamilton's all that great, but whatevs)

Reactions: Svechhammer

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
So because you personally would take Aho over Drai, let's state "Oilers being Oilers" like that's supposed to mean something.

I don't know, I mean there was someone who thought Drai was the better player because of every possible hockey attribute possible, despite not even knowing aho plays C, so I think we can call this one a push at worst.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
"Superstar" ..... ooookay

Supposedly Hamilton was a top 10-15 defenseman before Carolina acquired him and I don't recall anybody ever putting Slavin ahead of him in terms of league rankings....now he's suddenly hot trash

(I personally don't think Hamilton's all that great, but whatevs)
Lol, Calgary fans think Gaudreau is better than Kane and Monahan is a top 10 C

Having Hamilton shoved down our throats in Leaf land was annoying, he's not that good.

Draisaitl is a superstar, Slavin is the piece to build a reasonable offer around

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I would rather wait it out.
RNH - McDavid - X
X - Draisaitl - Pul

Larsson-Klefbom
Nurse-Bouchard

OR

X- McDavid - Draisaitl
X - RNH- Pul

Larsson-Klefbom
Nurse-Bouchard

The X's can be filled with a top ten pick if we suck

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
You didn’t post any argument with any facts whatsoever. All you said was he’s playing well with DeHaan and he’s good with the right partner. Swell. Good for him. I don’t care. I don’t want him and the posted deal is not even close. Hell SlavinAway even agreed with me before saying he’s been better than Hamilton this season... or 25 games, which is where that came from.

You want to talk credibility, don’t pretend you made some convincing statistical argument when all you did was disagree.
You can't even stay consistent with your own posts. Chaotic indeed.

You started by criticizing Faulk as not being a good D, and trying to say a 25 game sample size of being good doesn't mean much. It doesn't in theory but given that he's been good in the past, albeit with the right partner, shows you're just spewing random, uninformed thoughts. No need for stats to disprove your uneducated comments.

No, it doesn't change your opinion of the trade proposal but it doesn't camouflage your inaccuracies either. You jumped on the all-too-common mantra that Faulk is terrible defensively. Well, you're wrong and the fact you don't realize it is on you.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Right.... so you could attack me more, or you could just have a proper uncondescending discussion where you let me know what you think Aho does better than Draisaitl?

I don't have an opinion on who I think the better player is. I don't watch nearly enough Canes or Oilers games to break down each players stengths or weaknesses. As such, and I know this might seem a bit of an odd concept to you, I wouldn't weigh in on a conversation I'm not nearly educated enough on.

Reactions: Roboturner913
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad