Proposal: Draisaitl to Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
I honestly think both teams would benefit from this deal, But everyone knows draisatl is untouchable.

Edmonton get a #1/2 d-man, right shot no less, and rask. Hurricanes get a 1C, while trading away from a position they currently are overstacked at.

I think Hamilton is a 2nd pairing.
No way he and a bunch of spare parts is fetching Draisaitl.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I don't have an opinion on who I think the better player is. I don't watch nearly enough Canes or Oilers games to break down each players stengths or weaknesses. As such, and I know this might seem a bit of an odd concept to you, I wouldn't weigh in on a conversation I'm not nearly educated enough on.
That kind of honesty is all too uncommon here. Seriously.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Lol, Calgary fans think Gaudreau is better than Kane and Monahan is a top 10 C

Having Hamilton shoved down our throats in Leaf land was annoying, he's not that good.

Draisaitl is a superstar, Slavin is the piece to build a reasonable offer around

No flames fan ever said Monahan was a top 10 center. And also, Johnny has more points than Kane right now, so what's your point?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
That kind of honesty is all too uncommon here. Seriously.

I mean I know they're both good players. I know Drai plays big, and definitely uses his body and frame to his advantage. I also know from my limited viewing that Aho sees the ice incredibly well and seems to always make the right play. But I'm not going suggest anyone is the better shooter or skater because I just don't watch the players in depth enough to analyze them like that.

Again, from limited viewings, Id say Aho is the more 'cerebral' of the two, while Drai is certainly the more physically gifted. They both play the game that suits them very well, and I wouldn't complain about having either on my team. Which you prefer I think largely depends on the make up of your team and it's system. I think Drai is a perfect compliment to the Oilers because Mcdavid provides the skill, so noone is relying on Drai to be the flashy guy, even if he can be.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You can't even stay consistent with your own posts. Chaotic indeed.

You started by criticizing Faulk as not being a good D, and trying to say a 25 game sample size of being good doesn't mean much. It doesn't in theory but given that he's been good in the past, albeit with the right partner, shows you're just spewing random, uninformed thoughts. No need for stats to disprove your uneducated comments.

No, it doesn't change your opinion of the trade proposal but it doesn't camouflage your inaccuracies either. You jumped on the all-too-common mantra that Faulk is terrible defensively. Well, you're wrong and the fact you don't realize it is on you.

Again, ‘you’re wrong because I said so’ is not a compelling or convincing argument. Your word is not law, buddy.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I would rather wait it out.
RNH - McDavid - X
X - Draisaitl - Pul

Larsson-Klefbom
Nurse-Bouchard

OR

X- McDavid - Draisaitl
X - RNH- Pul

Larsson-Klefbom
Nurse-Bouchard

The X's can be filled with a top ten pick if we suck

Just need two of Benson/Hebig/Yamamoto/Maksimov/Safin/2019 pick to pan out. Not including FA’s.

An extra 4 mil in cap space will help also.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I was reading the Oilers game thread the other night looking to see if there was any talk about Zykov so far, I didn’t know he wasn’t in the lineup.

The amount of harsh Drai criticism was impressive. Many people calling him lazy, bad shooter, questioning everything he does, etc.....

Not saying he isn’t a very valuable player, it’s just interesting to read all those comments and then come into one of these threads.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Again, ‘you’re wrong because I said so’ is not a compelling or convincing argument. Your word is not law, buddy.
I would actually overpay a little in a trade to see Faulk go to the Oilers just to watch this guy melt down. Than laugh my ass off when he posts about how good defensively Faulk has been during his time with the Oilers.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I would actually overpay a little in a trade to see Faulk go to the Oilers just to watch this guy melt down. Than laugh my ass off when he posts about how good defensively Faulk has been during his time with the Oilers.

:laugh: I want ten million dollars too. It’s about as likely. We have Larsson on the right side and Bouchard in the fold who looks like he will be a gem. He’d be redundant here very quickly.

My distaste for Faulk was originally largely rooted in clueless Canes fans floating out Faulk and spare junk for Draisaitl deals or Faulk for RNH+ insanity.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

It's cool, they'll prove it with this revolutionary new metric, see

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
No point in asking about Drai unless you want to part with Aho.

Why would they trade Aho when they're trying to add offense though? Aho has 26 points and Drai has 30. Even if you fail to factor in Drai's massive contract vs. Aho's entry-level deal, it's still not worth the trouble for Carolina.

Anyway, I'd do Hamilton + 1st + forward prospect. Drai's contract isn't worth it to the Canes unless they can acquire him without giving up core NHLers.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Why would they trade Aho when they're trying to add offense though? Aho has 26 points and Drai has 30. Even if you fail to factor in Drai's massive contract vs. Aho's entry-level deal, it's still not worth the trouble for Carolina.
The thing is we need secondary offense just as bad. If not worse. The only way we can even think about moving our 23 year old 6'2 #1c/w is if you make it worth our while.

Reactions: spaghtti

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The thing is we need secondary offense just as bad. If not worse. The only way we can even think about moving our 23 year old 6'2 #1c/w is if you make it worth our while.

And no, Hamilton and futures is nowhere near worth our while. Barring a colossal overpayment, nothing is.

Reactions: spaghtti

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

cool, we'll keep our $900K 26 point center and you keep your $9M 30 point center, I have no problem with that.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
And no, Hamilton and futures is nowhere near worth our while. Barring a colossal overpayment, nothing is.
"But but but he rides Mcdavids coattails for points so you should give him to us for B futures and underperforming older roster players."

Idc how he does it or who he does it with, Leon Draisaitl helps put the puck in the puck in the net at ppg + pace. And we need more players that can do that, put the puck in the net very well. Like it or not we want to get better, not piss away even more very valuable assets.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
cool, we'll keep our $900K 26 point center and you keep your $9M 30 point center, I have no problem with that.
That is perfectly fine. An Oiler fan didn't make this shitty proposal anyway. We would love to keep Drai.

Also, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Aho signing for close to Drai's 8.5m this summer.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
These kind of threads would be better if no Oiler poster ever replies... Or if you feel compelled to do so, just say “We accept the OP because we have enough scoring in our line-up.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad