Draftin Europe 2024 Final Rankings

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Draftin Europe

@draftin_europe
Oct 21, 2017
Hi everyone,

we released a couple of days ago our final rankings for tomorrow's draft.

Their full version is available inside our free pre-draft publication, you can download it here:

Demidov easily sits at #1 like through the rest of the season (and before), as we consider him the most promising prospect to come out of Europe in the last 5 years.

As usual, the rankings only pertains to prospects playing in Europe.

It's a Top 68 list that when projected overall more than covers the entire 7 rounds (obviously there will be players selected that are not on our list, but it covers the players that we consider draft worthy at this time)

1719512002768.png

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
Hi everyone,

we released a couple of days ago our final rankings for tomorrow's draft.

Their full version is available inside our free pre-draft publication, you can download it here:

Demidov easily sits at #1 like through the rest of the season (and before), as we consider him the most promising prospect to come out of Europe in the last 5 years.

As usual, the rankings only pertains to prospects playing in Europe.

It's a Top 68 list that when projected overall more than covers the entire 7 rounds (obviously there will be players selected that are not on our list, but it covers the players that we consider draft worthy at this time)

View attachment 888112
That is incorrect. Kakko was by far and was viewed as an NHL ready prospect. He even had some scouting agencies and mock drafts place him above Hughes.

Demidov isn’t even a lock for 2, hasn’t proven himself against men like Kakko, and has a lot of question marks if his game will translate.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
That is incorrect. Kakko was by far and was viewed as an NHL ready prospect. He even had some scouting agencies and mock drafts place him above Hughes.

Demidov isn’t even a lock for 2, hasn’t proven himself against men like Kakko, and has a lot of question marks if his game will translate.
Kakko was 6 drafts ago.

Draftin Europe

@draftin_europe
Oct 21, 2017

I am a bit surprised by this comment. I mean, EXTRAS already pointed out (thanks btw) we stated that as our opinion, not as a fact.

At the same time, the fact Kakko back then was viewed by the vast majority as a better prospect than how Demidov is viewed now doesn't make Kakko the better prospect entering the draft.
There is the consensus, there are opinions, and many times opinions that go against consensus prove to be correct in the end.
When we had Seider ahead of Podkolzin and as a top 10 prospect early on in their draft season it was considered crazy. That didn't make Podkolzin the better prospect.

Draftin Europe

@draftin_europe
Oct 21, 2017
Btw, we also talk about Demidov and our final rankings in this episode of Amateur Scoutin Europe hockey podcast with Jeff Rea:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Galvas ahead of badinka and jiricek? Not saying you are wrong and time will tell but first time I've seen that in 2024.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Galvas ahead of badinka and jiricek? Not saying you are wrong and time will tell but first time I've seen that in 2024.

It's close IMO. I go Badinka, Jiricek, Galvas, but Galvas had games where he was dynamic, even in limited usage. I saw one game where he was so aggressive he wound up forechecking in the offensive zone and Perez had to go back and play defense. Badinka also super aggressive.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
It's close IMO. I go Badinka, Jiricek, Galvas, but Galvas had games where he was dynamic, even in limited usage. I saw one game where he was so aggressive he wound up forechecking in the offensive zone and Perez had to go back and play defense. Badinka also super aggressive.
It's a new school mentality in Czech hockey where the D run the show and I love it.

But

For me, this is clearly Jiricek, Badinka and Galvas (then Fibigr).

I think the draft will follow this order as well and I'm curious if I hear Badinkia at 32 or in round 2 on Saturday early. Jiriicek should be round 1 easily.

It's a promising group all around and the Czechs have clearly realized how bad our D is and are doing their best to correct that. Will it work? no idea but I like all the D taken lately... Jiricek, Svozil, Hamara, Dvorak all seem promising. Then add the 4 mentioned above to it.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
It's a new school mentality in Czech hockey where the D run the show and I love it.

But

I think the draft will follow this order as well and I'm curious if I hear Badinkia at 32 or in round 2 on Saturday early. Jiriicek should be round 1 easily.

It's a promising group all around and the Czechs have clearly realized how bad our D is and are doing their best to correct that. Will it work? no idea but I like all the D taken lately... Jiricek, Svozil, Hamara, Dvorak all seem promising. Then add the 4 mentioned above to it.
How do you see the 07 group stacking up against those guys? Mrtka has a chance to be at that same level but I feel like Cerny, Holub, etc. are quite far behind the Jiriceks, Badinkas, Galvases and Fibigrs of recent years.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
How do you see the 07 group stacking up against those guys? Mrtka has a chance to be at that same level but I feel like Cerny, Holub, etc. are quite far behind the Jiriceks, Badinkas, Galvases and Fibigrs of recent years.
This group of players doesn't look that talented. I'm not quite sure what to expect from Mrtka. But Holub and Černý are probably not at the same level as the players from this year's draft. HGC will show a lot, our team's defense looks like a slight weakness compared to a strong group of forwards.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I just hope we can keep our first round streak going. Feel that age group has some nice forwards. I do like Mrtka. Feel he can get himself into top 100 but, you're right, might be the only D on top 100.
.generally speaking.. liking the upward tick in Czech youth hockey.

Draftin Europe

@draftin_europe
Oct 21, 2017
Galvas is clearly the most talented of the three in our opinion. That said, ranking him ahead of Jiricek was not a consensus decision, our Czech scout likes Galvas' talent better as well but feels more comfortable with Jiricek's projection given the much better frame.

Still, despite being undersized Galvas managed to better than Jiricek in Extraliga this season. That's a good sign, as we expect he'll be able to at least add some more power as he develops, which could help his game obviously.

Also prefer Galvas' competitiveness over Badinka's

That said, Galvas will very likely be the last of the three selected at the draft, and probably by a good margin

Last edited:

Draftin Europe

@draftin_europe
Oct 21, 2017
I just hope we can keep our first round streak going. Feel that age group has some nice forwards. I do like Mrtka. Feel he can get himself into top 100 but, you're right, might be the only D on top 100.
.generally speaking.. liking the upward tick in Czech youth hockey.
Considering his size and how much his game progressed this season, we hope he'll be more than top 100. If he can take another step in his draft season he's more likely to be a 1st rounder than a top 100 guy. Fingers crossed I guess.

Cerny is also a talented kid, the obvious concern is his size, he is super green so hopefully there is some growing left.

Those two and Mikel will likely be our 3 top ranked defenseman out of Czechia going into next season, but I'll go back and watch some more of next year's class in July. If we release the Summer Blue Dispatch in September (that's the plan) there will be also the Hlinka to go through first, so we'll see. Before the Hlinka we will probably only have a public Euro-based Top 20 out (i.e. no regional rankings).

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland

But

It is a new but very very old mentality.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
It is a new but very very old mentality.
Very true but czechs just went 15 years and the only modern d man in NHL is Hronek. We definitely used to have great two way type D in Spacek, slegr, kaberle sr, Kuba, Svoboda or hamrlik. Then all we did was produde stay at home D that barely made NHL (gudas being the best one).

Reactions: Goodman68

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
Very true but czechs just went 15 years and the only modern d man in NHL is Hronek. We definitely used to have great two way type D in Spacek, slegr, kaberle sr, Kuba, Svoboda or hamrlik. Then all we did was produde stay at home D that barely made NHL (gudas being the best one).
Well, I was mainly implying old excellent two way forwards like Holik, Pospisil, etc
Those that brought a nightmare to the best Soviet generation. Czech was all about defensive forwards back then. And it was great.

Draftin Europe

@draftin_europe
Oct 21, 2017
Going back to our rankings, among the ones we have higher than most, I'd say Freij, Surin and Pettersson are those who have the best chance to hear their names called tonight (probably not more than 50% for any of them though).

Among the ones we have outside of the 1st and lower than others, Solberg is the one sure to go tonight. Hemming is likely, but I wouldn't consider that a lock.

As for those at the top, in the end it's sounding like Demidov should go higher than Silayev, so eventually the consensus moved towards what was our stance all season long at least on that thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad