GDT: Draft thread Day 2 - 11AM

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Michkov has a relative looking like a slightly smaller Brock Lesnar

I thought the same thing instantly, though I definitely wouldn't say "slightly" smaller, Brock is still juiced to the gills.

xusua7wca4laug5czqbw.jpg

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Re: Interviewing Michkov's agent

1) Michkov has been avoiding pretty much all public appearances and interviews (even from scouts before the draft) in part because A) his dad was recently murdered, so they're trying to protect an emotionally vulnerable kid B) staying out of the media to avoid political pressures
2) Michkov's conversational English is limited

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
How many people in Michkov's camp do you think speak english

Then don't interview anyone? Hearing from the player is great. Maybe even the family every once in a while because it's special. Do we really want to hear cookie cutter statements from an agent?

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
I remember the shock watching the draft 19 years ago wheh the Coyotes went way off the board taking projected 2nd (that's probably a generous ranking) rounder Blake Wheeler 5th overall.

Took some time and he stayed in college making himself a UFA, never playing in the Coyotes organization, but it turned out they were right about the player. In a redraft he probably goes 3rd overall after Ovy and Malkin.

Would be crazy if they did it again.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Re: Interviewing Michkov's agent

1) Michkov has been avoiding pretty much all public appearances and interviews (even from scouts before the draft) in part because A) his dad was recently murdered, so they're trying to protect an emotionally vulnerable kid B) staying out of the media to avoid political pressures
2) Michkov's conversational English is limited

fwiw, they interviewed Michkov via a translator on the ESPN feed.

He was asked directly whether he would come over and iirc answered "soon" and said it was a "dream" to be drafted by the Flyers.

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
Good for Uncle Fester to take some time off filming Wednesday to show up to the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad