Speculation: Draft Talk, 2018: Picks 1, 32, 94, 117, 125, 156, 187

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I might be off base, but he reminds me of Ryan Ellis. I prefer Dahlin (of course), Boqvist, McIsaac. He's a talent none the less.

Thank you, that jibes with what I've read. They are almost identical in stature, so that's certainly one trait they share.

Last edited:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
The odds of finishing #2 are lower than #1. Chances are the Sabres miss out on both.

Oh gotcha, I thought you were saying the Sabres must take a D no matter what. Passing on Svechnikov would be like passing on Laine IMO. I think he’s a 30 goal scorer next year.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
If the Sabres miss out on Dahlin, then go Boqvist. If he's gone, then think Hughes, Dobson, Smith, or McIsaac.

Seems like Boqvist is the clear #2 Dman at this stage. Gets tricky after that.

An overall consensus top 3 seems to be solidifying this month. Gonna be annoying to miss out on all of them after finishing last.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Anyone who follows thesee kids closer got a report on merkley for me? I'e watched the some video and studied some pre draft rankings and he seems to be all over the place in terms of draft status in the 1st eound?

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Seems like Boqvist is the clear #2 Dman at this stage. Gets tricky after that.

An overall consensus top 3 seems to be solidifying this month. Gonna be annoying to miss out on all of them after finishing last.

It would stink, but adding any of the 4 I also mentioned would be a huge boost to the Sabres blue line.

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
Filip Zadina is gonna be a stud, I wouldn't hate getting him as a consolation prize at 3/4 OA. Crazy that the Mooseheads just keep pumping out great forwards like this.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

909lco.jpg

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
SWE-2 AIS #71 J.Ragnarsson, LHD -- Last viewing: 2017-12-01 AIS@SSK
  • Two-way defenseman playing third-pair minutes with regular PK TOI; saw 14:23 TOI, finishing +3 with one goal.
  • Offensively, looked to pinch as a fourth forward option more so than to shoot from perimeter; two low-danger perimeter attempts here and there did produce rebounds though; pinch examples include here, plus, breakout, goal, tip wide, and plus.
  • Defensively, finished checks, as seen here, here, here, and here; active stick also seen on the second of those; blocked shot on pk; two failed clears under pressure resulted in chances against here and on ppga-1; on-ice for ppga-2 too.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I really like Bode Wilde. He's got a Jacob Trouba vibe about him. So much confidence amd swagger, and a violent, rocket of a shot. I think he ends up top ten in this draft.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I really like Bode Wilde. He's got a Jacob Trouba vibe about him. So much confidence amd swagger, and a violent, rocket of a shot. I think he ends up top ten in this draft.
We need to find a way to acquire top 10-15 pick on top of ours. Everyone is raving about top10-15 prospects.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
We need to find a way to acquire top 10-15 pick on top of ours. Everyone is raving about top10-15 prospects.
Kane for 1st +, Lehner for 2nd +, package picks at draft, move up.

Also, play better and end up picking 10th, get a comparable (not to top 2) prospect without the pressure to rush.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada

Unlike the likes of Hughes and Boqvist he has the size to go with it. Admittedly I haven’t seen him this year, but he’s definitely a guy whose going to be in the mix at the top come draft day.

Reactions: truthbluth

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Watching Noah Dobson yesterday against Moncton makes it easy to see why he is pushing into that Hughes/Boqvist territory if not passing them at this point. I had season tickets when Alex Pietrangelo and Dougie Hamilton were young defenceman in Niagara, and you can definitely see that same upside with Dobson being that big rangy smoth skating D. Hughes and Boqvist are probably going to be more on the offensive side in the NHL, where as Dobson could end up being a two way horse. I think he’s going to make so big time noise in the next month or two and be seen by everyone as a concencus top 10 guy with some publications having him as high as 3rd.

Last edited:
Reactions: Der Jaeger

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Noah Dobson is definitely pushing into that Hughes/Boqvist territory at this point. I had season tickets when Alex Pietrangelo and Dougie Hamilton were a young defenceman in Niagara, and you can definitely see that same upside with Dobson being that big rangy smoth skating D.

Him and Risto down the right side would be a nice look with Guhle and Scandella on the left side.

Literally about to post this same thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad