Draft Pick Push

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
I, frankly, couldn't care less about Travis Hamonic. He found his way out of here, he's gone, no emotional attachment.

This is an important draft.... again! But historically, drafting player hasn't been as much a problem as managing and developing these players has. There's far too much patience within this organization, too much tolerance, too much millennial, "well, we tried" mentality.

We're going to come away with some good prospects, but we need new management. With that, I'm glad Travis Hamonic has brought back an almost certain lottery pick.

Players who I'd like from our picks are two of the following: Rasmus Dahlin, Filip Zadina, Brady Tkachuk (all if we win one or two of the lottery positions). Then, Quinton Hughes, Noah Dobson, Ty Smith, or Joseph Veleno (if we hold at 9 and 12).

Reactions: IODCPiper

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY

islesfan66

Nov 6, 2013
realistically without winning whats the best everyone can see us doing? our pick 7 and calgary 10?

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
realistically without winning whats the best everyone can see us doing? our pick 7 and calgary 10?

Calgary is staying at 12, only way they move if it's up.

We are looking at the 8th.9th. or 10th pick.

Right now we are at 9. We are tied with the Rangers in points and games played but they have the ROW advantage. Edmonton now is one point behind us and they also have the ROW advantage. It's all so damn close with us 3. I can see Edmonton passing us and the Rangers and I can see us passing the Rangers leaving us at 9th anyway.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Big game on Saturday, for tank purposes, they need to lose to Chicago-4 point swing..Chicago is a shell of its former self and they've been running Berube out there (talk about tanking) so I'm thinking the Isles will win.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
You know your team has had a bad season when you check the standings and instead of clicking on "division" or "wildcard" and scrolling up, you click on "league" and scroll down to the bottom.
I have to admit, this am was the 1st time I clicked "league" I'm in tank mode now......unfortunately

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
You know your team has had a bad season when you check the standings and instead of clicking on "division" or "wildcard" and scrolling up, you click on "league" and scroll down to the bottom.

Or unique to the NYI, and reading up on hockey articles that explain:

1-the players given away/allowed to walk in FA and bad trades; Chara, Spezza, etc.
2-the players that we had the chance to draft but drafted someone else; Rickell, Schiefle, etc

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Realistically Calgary isn't going to move and Isles may move up a spot or two but I think the ping pong balls are just about set.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Losing to Chicago could mean a whole lot and it's all about tanking from now on. The difference between a possible 7th overall and 11th is pretty big

Chicago just got smoked at home by Vancouver - Boesser. We really need Weight to do what he normally does to win this game. Fritz on the 1st line and a Seidenberg/Hickey pairing would be a great start.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Chicago just got smoked at home by Vancouver - Boesser. We really need Weight to do what he normally does to win this game. Fritz on the 1st line and a Seidenberg/Hickey pairing would be a great start.

It's interesting to see Chicago fall off a cliff, part of me wants to crush them 9-1. Maybe Toews' generational intangibles gives them a chance against us.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
It's interesting to see Chicago fall off a cliff, part of me wants to crush them 9-1. Maybe Toews' generational intangibles gives them a chance against us.

He was out last night.

Blackhawks hit new low with 5-2 loss to last-place Canucks

"Thursday night at the United Center wasn’t 2009 or 2010 or 2011.
Sure, Patrick Sharp was on the top line for the Blackhawks with Patrick Kane, but there was no Jonathan Toews, who will miss the next few games with an upper-body injury."

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY

One word is all you need to know to determine the outcome (unfortunately) for this game most likely:

BERUBE :cool:

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Monahan shut down for the year

Calgary is done at this point, they're not making the playoffs. They are spiraling just as bad as we are. Their pick will likely be in the 12-15 range. Slim odds for the lottery in that spot, but at least we have a shot.

We could use some luck or Uncle Gary doing us a solid for once.

islesfan66

Nov 6, 2013
even more important the the spot we will be picking is if we get blown out a few more times it might actually lead to the necessary changes

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00