Draft Pick #103 - JOHN PICCINICH, RW

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman
TOR taks Piccinich. Big improvements this year. Skilled little guy.

Seems like a long-term project with really good upside, much like Cameranesi and Toninato. Expect a 5 year development turn around.

mikebel111*

Nice. Looks to have improved a lot and has good skill
This is the meaning of a high risk/high reward pick
I like it

canary

Jan 20, 2011
Toronto
Anyone expecting something exciting at #100 is obviously going to be disappointed.

Another long term project can't hurt, one of Cameranesi, Toninato and Piccinich is surely to pan out.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Skilled and about 6 feet tall? I'll take it, he has quite a while to develop as well.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Matt Brown ‏@mbrownSN590
#Leafs newest member John Piccinich is committed to Boston University next year. The London Knights own his OHL rights.

Perhaps the Leafs will push him to go to London. Would be good to see him up close.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Maybe better to give him 4 years without needing to contract him?

I think so too.

NCAA route, especially in that program is actually a good thing.

He compares himself to Justin Williams and Ryan Callahan.

CalgaryLeaf*

Per Paul Hendrick:

"5 rounds in the books and the Leafs go international so far drafting a swede, a Russian and 2 Americans"

Looks like a typical Red Wings draft with all the foreigners...Don Cherry is not going to like it...No Ontario boys selected or Canadians (although technically Nylander was born in Calgary)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad