GDT: Draft Lottery 5/8/2023 8 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Based on the reaction I'm seeing, I'm not 100% convinced of the sport's future in Ohio. Lots of people ready to give up.
There’s still hope they gamble with Michkov. He’s a future superstar.

Just imagine last year someone told us we can draft Michkov who dominated KHL like no other at his age and we pass on him to get another top 6 Swedish C

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
The only way you’ll hear Michkov called when Columbus picks is if Weekes is announcing and screws up again. Jarmo/JD will pick a center and it’s either Carlsson or Smith
Yea, I know and I accepted it. Hence I’m hoping for a loyal PLD as the outcome, but I don’t expect a franchise talent

We still need a goalie
We will likely be a lottery team next year so I dont worry about goalies for now

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
The drawing was hours ago and it is not rigged but we do have a heavy hitter on our side when it comes to complaints and arguing cases

how do we know it’s not rigged if the actual drawing itself isn’t televised live?

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Sorry guys, was pulling for you to move up. Seemingly can never catch a break in terms of the draft.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Which is why I’m expecting third. Why third? Well because then that makes us pick between smith and Carlsson, which would make me believe we take Smith and then everyone here goes up in arms about it. It’s almost the worst case scenario to make this management team pick between these two players.
f*** me

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
Yea, I know and I accepted it. Hence I’m hoping for a loyal PLD as the outcome, but I don’t expect a franchise talent

We will likely be a lottery team next year so I dont worry about goalies for now
I don't think they need franchise talent. They just need the right piece. They did load up pretty well the past couple of drafts. Smith or Carlsson, either would be good for this team. Just need the right defensive coach and I think all will be well. I know Elvis has not been good, but from everything I watched if he doesn't have a good defense in front of him, he will put himself out to drive with his style of play. Very boom or bust player

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Whoever we get at 3 may be very good.

They won't be Bedard.

This sucks. Not gonna pretend otherwise. Not after 23 years of the same shit.

Reactions: Robert

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
Surprised the nhl even lets us pick who we want. The next step is the nhl just letting other teams make our draft selections

The year we came into the league we picked. 4th! It’s insanity

Reactions: Robert

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I don't think they need franchise talent. They just need the right piece. They did load up pretty well the past couple of drafts. Smith or Carlsson, either would be good for this team. Just need the right defensive coach and I think all will be well. I know Elvis has not been good, but from everything I watched if he doesn't have a good defense in front of him, he will put himself out to drive with his style of play. Very boom or bust player
Perhaps. But people saying to pick Smith over Michkov just because he’s a C need to give their heads a shake. What Smith did this year Michkov did in 2021.

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
When I told you all in February that we weren't getting Bedard and Chicago was getting Bedard because of the Gods and Goons, I predicted we'd draft 5th. We are two giant spots better than my prediction. #winning

The funny thing is I don't think it would matter if we picked 3rd or 4th. We're going to take Smith either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad