Podcast (Audio) Draft Evaluation: Hampton Slukynsky w/ Yannetti, Wheeler, Hardwick

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
The LA Kings selected goaltender Hampton Slukynsky in the 4th round (118th overall) of the 2023 Entry Draft. Slukynsky spent the 2022-23 season, his senior year, with Warroad High in Minnesota. Jay Hardwick, head coach of Warroad High, joined host Jesse Cohen to discuss his work with Slukynsky over his high school career. LA Kings Director of Amateur Scouting Mark Yannetti discusses the Kings thought process behind the pick and finally Scott Wheeler (The Athletic) gives Jesse and Zach Dooley his personal scouting report on the young netminder.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
The LA Kings selected goaltender Hampton Slukynsky in the 4th round (118th overall) of the 2023 Entry Draft. Slukynsky spent the 2022-23 season, his senior year, with Warroad High in Minnesota. Jay Hardwick, head coach of Warroad High, joined host Jesse Cohen to discuss his work with Slukynsky over his high school career. LA Kings Director of Amateur Scouting Mark Yannetti discusses the Kings thought process behind the pick and finally Scott Wheeler (The Athletic) gives Jesse and Zach Dooley his personal scouting report on the young netminder.

Good listen so far, I'm sure it will be as great as the rest. Thank you for doing these. It's sometimes tough to hear coaches, because they have a tendency to pump their own players, but he seems very genuine in his praise in Slukynsky's focus, humility, and maturity.

Reactions: Lt Dan

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
It's sometimes tough to hear coaches, because they have a tendency to pump their own players
That's why I wanted to have three voices per prospect.

One guy that's just going to be totally biased (from the players last team)
One guy that's biased but will explain the bias (Yannetti)
One guy with no obvious bias (everybody has SOME bias) in Wheeler

Hopefully the truth can be triangulated from the three perspectives.

The gap in consensus is more obvious in the Dvorak episode but we saved that one for last.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

The gap in consensus is more obvious in the Dvorak episode but we saved that one for last.
Completely understandable and appreciated. I had only heard Jay Hardwick at the time of the posting so was focusing more on that, but you do a very good job bridging the three perspectives.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
sluksv1126.jpg

slukgaa1126.jpg

NAMEGPGAAWLTSOSV%
Slukynsky
10​
1.53​
9​
0​
0​
3​
0.927​
Castro
10​
2.24​
7​
2​
1​
1​
0.892​

He's dominating.

And it's not just because he plays on the best team. Fargo's other goalie Castro is in his 3rd USHL season and is 20 years old. Slukynsky is an 18 year old rookie.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016

Why is this comment suddenly getting likes? Or am I just now getting the notifications?

What is happening?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4