GDT: Draft Day GDT -- Sabres current picks: 14, 42, 71, 108, 123, 172, 204, 219

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
So we ever see 4 team trades. Maybe have to change up some of the picks.

Buf-Utah Joker + 108 for 65 + 96
Buf-NJ 42 + 65 + 76 for Marino
NJ-CAR 76 for Pesce Rights

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
What’s funny is that i fundamentally agree that they need to trade many futures for legit help now…I am a prospect fan on draft day and I think they continue to deliver terrific first round draft days

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
We may all come to love this kid, but Adams is ineffective as a GM. The admission that they are trying to trade but can’t is such a bad look.
I am not sure I even believe it after they traded down 3 spots. There was a lot of fan noise about trading the pick. I think some of this may be smoke and mirrors for PR. Lindy pronounced the name almost perfectly FFS.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I think Masse may be available when we're up and that would be a great pick

Don't think Ritchie/Basha/Chernyshov/Artamonov make it to us

Maybe Wallenius is there also? But I don't think so. Would be happy with Freij.
I would really like basha, but agree a fall is unlikely. Feel like he's steal wherever he goes now.

May Day 10

Apr 19, 2006
St Catharines, ON
Adams is unfit to be an nhl gm. Trades to acquire another pick to trade and fails to get anything done.

Could have had Dickinson or Buium at #11. Traded for a NYS lotto ticket in the middle of the 2nd round. Looks really bad without another trade to it.

Typical for the Pegula run franchise though

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
Excuse machine goes burrrrrrr
Excuse. If he cant trade for someone Today . Fire him . Sometime you need to make multiple trades to improve the roster. A good start can be someone like Marino and iafallo to fix some depth . You have 6 prospects now in Savoie Kulich ostlund rosen Johnson and Helenius . You cant have even more of them now. Try to make some trades and improve the roster

Adams is unfit to be an nhl gm. Trades to acquire another pick to trade and fails to get anything done.

Could have had Dickinson or Buium at #11. Traded for a NYS lotto ticket in the middle of the 2nd round. Looks really bad without another trade to it.

Helenius was a good pick . We dont know how good anyone of these gonna be

Reactions: truthbluth

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX

yeah, UPL, Peterka, Roy, and Pominville were bad uses of a SECOND ROUND PICK

Those have a decent amount of value. Can also allow for trading of our blue chip prospects for immediate roster help

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Excuse. If he cant trade for someone Today . Fire him . Sometime you need to make multiple trades to improve the roster. A good start can be someone like Marino and iafallo to fix some depth . You have 6 prospects now in Savoie Kulich ostlund rosen Johnson and Helenius . You cant have even more of them now. Try to make some trades and improve the roster

Helenius was a good pick . We dont know how good anyone of these gonna be
there's no pressure for a trade today, 2nd rounders have some value but at this point it's going to be a 1st round prospect that needs to move so there's no need for it to happen before we and other teams go through free agency

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
I will admit I didn't hate trading back when it happened, but I do have to wonder now if it was a blunder.

Would Winnipeg or Carolina have been interested in Buium at 11? We know Carolina tried to trade Necas for #5.

We can't know, but we do know that once again, Adams failed to improve the team. With every missed opportunity, it just ramps up the pressure for the next one.

Reactions: ceky

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Best remaining Players Rnd 2:

ROUND 2 MOCKS

Ryder Ritchie

Ritchie again

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBarnIsElectric

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Best remaining Players Rnd 2:

ROUND 2 MOCKS

Ryder Ritchie

Ritchie again
That sports grid mock is real sloppy stuff. Still has 42 with SJ and (Pittsburgh takes a player that went in the first round). Edit: sorry this 2nd part isn’t true. I was going off a different sloppy site that had Nash take the wrong Igor (Yegor).
Edit: those are the same mock

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Here are the remaining players on The Athletic consensus big board (Pronman, Wheeler, Peters, Button, McKenzie):
1000010838.jpg

And here's the first round sorted from biggest reach to steal based on that same consensus:
1000010837.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad