Speculation: Post Draft 2024 Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whom you want us to pick?

• Silayev

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Levshunov

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Demidov

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • Sennecke

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Buium

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Yakemchuck

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Dickinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lindstrom

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Maybe reading too much into it but here around 3 min mark looks like Demidov made a specific look at the Ducks table (that first one is ours).

Shane Wright stare, anyone? :laugh:

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Maybe reading too much into it but here around 3 min mark looks like Demidov made a specific look at the Ducks table (that first one is ours).

Shane Wright stare, anyone? :laugh:

Of course he did, who would want to go to Montréal? The city is not exactly beautiful, the people obnoxious and the fans rabid imbeciles, whose pitchforks are out much earlier than in your average franchise/city.
And being announced by Celine Dion is just...adding insult to injury.

• Haha
Reactions: Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Would love to get badinka and mews today(like require a trade).

Gibson
For
47 + Husso + breggren

Then maybe use Pitt pick to move up a few more spots.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Really hoping for Basha.

I'd be happy to have him or Stiga, we've added a lot of size but could use more speedy/urgent types who play bigger than their size.

Another prospect I didn't list that really intrigues is Spencer Gill, I don't think he's a reach at all at 35. Lanky mobile RHD (6'4) with intriguing puck poise and an emerging defensive game.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

No QMJHL prospects drafted in round one for a second consecutive year. A couple of early second possibilities but that still doesn't say much for the lack of true high end talent.

They do take some hit in terms of losing talent to the NCAA route, but that can be said of all three CHL leagues. In this case, the only Canadian born player from QMJHL territory drafted in round one, was Sasha Boisvert 18th overall to Chicago.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeBrun is a Clown

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
So this kid dropped because he missed the Russian combine after going out the day before and acquiring a massive sunburn. I guess scouts thought he was pretty immature and were pissed.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad