GDT: Draft 2024 @ 4pm PT, ESPN, ESPN+

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whom you want us to pick?

• Silayev

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Levshunov

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Demidov

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • Sennecke

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Buium

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Yakemchuck

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Dickinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lindstrom

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
This board needs to get it through their heads that Z is likely headed out at some point via trade. I’ve never seen a group so adamant that something won’t happen and discounting every single report. As much as you want to think they are, these insiders aren’t attaching their name to something they’re just making up
This whole Zegras thing started from Seravelli who lied through his teeth about Gibson saying he’d never play another game for the Ducks last offseason. He then started the Zegras rumor after he completely missed seeing the Cutter trade coming and this is the guy who supposedly has a bunch of contacts in Flyers organization. 95% of these guys just make high probability guesses and then claim to be geniuses when some of their shit finally sticks.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
LA knew that Greentree was gonna be their guy. Had a jersey ready.

That belly stripe is still horrendous. I don't even need to zoom in with my phone camera and it's still obnoxiously large.

Reactions: Kalv

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
This board needs to get it through their heads that Z is likely headed out at some point via trade. I’ve never seen a group so adamant that something won’t happen and discounting every single report. As much as you want to think they are, these insiders aren’t attaching their name to something they’re just making up
Actually, most of them are. Other than Seravelli, they very clearly say that Verbeek has said he isn’t offering, and there’s always a “in my opinion this is why this makes sense” - meaning it’s conjecture, not actual reporting of facts. Verbeek might trade him for a lateral move at a different position, but those trades simply don’t happen unless it’s a struggling player for a struggling player. He’s not being traded for quantity.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Its not that is a sure thing. Its the fact there’s smoke from multiple insiders saying this is real. These talks are real.

Where there’s smoke there’s usually fire, I will agree. I just think this is Z having a polarizing personality thing as opposed to GMPV wanting to move on from a player like Gibson. Pretty sure Gibson would be traded for a 2nd if we could get that deal and I don’t get that same feeling about Zegras. Who knows though, I’m fine with Z being traded so long it makes the team better but I feel that way about every one of our players.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Emily Kaplan just said this on ESPN, FWIW:
“I just don’t think that this kid (Solberg) is gonna be on the roster at the same time as Trevor Zegras. Trevor Zegras is not staying around that long. We all know they’re trying to build a team with a certain identity, and Trevor Zegras’s style doesn’t fit that. He’s better suited elsewhere and I do think a trade is inevitable. I just don’t think it’s imminent. That’s the sense I got talking to Pat Verbeek. They’re gonna take their time.”
If Zegras doesn't fit your identity, it's incredibly flawed.

You win with multiple types of players. 154 points in 211 games in your early 20's on some of the worst teams ever is exactly the kind of guy you want when you're ready to compete.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Nobody believes he can’t be traded. It’s the nonchalant bullshit dropped by people like Emily who talk like they have real inside info but are doing nothing but trying to sound knowledgeable.

I have no problem with people on podcasts or elsewhere speculating why players might be traded from any team. But that’s not what’s going on here. She literally tried to imply she had conversations with Verbeek that leads her to believe Zegras will be gone soon. Do you really think he has had conversations like that with media people? I certainly don’t. Her comments are just typical media sleaze trying to make themselves sound knowledgeable and important. That’s what I object to.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Solid pick for Dallas. Nothing amazing but solid
Nobody believes he can’t be traded. It’s the nonchalant bullshit dropped by people like Emily who talk like they have real inside info but are doing nothing but trying to sound knowledgeable.

I have no problem with people on podcasts or elsewhere speculating why players might be traded from any team. But that’s not what’s going on here. She literally tried to imply she had conversations with Verbeek that leads her to believe Zegras will be gone soon. Do you really think he has had conversations like that with media people? I certainly don’t. Her comments are just typical media sleaze trying to make themselves sound knowledgeable and important. That’s what I object to.
This. And if we track the rumors to their source, it all started right after Drysdale got traded and the underlying philosophy was "Ducks traded Zegras' best frannn"

Z will get the opportunity to rebound from last year and will have to perform at a high level if he wants a substantial raise. All this speculation is just ass wind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad