GDT: Draft 2024 @ 4pm PT, ESPN, ESPN+

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whom you want us to pick?

• Silayev

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Levshunov

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Demidov

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • Sennecke

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Buium

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Yakemchuck

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Dickinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lindstrom

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Montreal supporter here, feel free to tell me to gtfo if you want to.

Now that Montreal has acquired pick #21, if Demidov is there at #3, how do you feel about swapping #3 for #5+#21.

Didn't read the whole thread sorry if it has been covered already.
If Montreal is taking Demidov and Anaheim doesn't want Demidov and wants Buium then Yes I do it if they believe Columbus goes forward. Worse case scenario Colombus messes it up by taking Buium but seems very unlikely and in that scenario they take Silayev/Sennecke if Columbus did that.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Montreal supporter here, feel free to tell me to gtfo if you want to.

Now that Montreal has acquired pick #21, if Demidov is there at #3, how do you feel about swapping #3 for #5+#21.

Didn't read the whole thread sorry if it has been covered already.
Assuming that the Ducks would be happy with the choices at 5, it makes sense. 21 + 31 +2nd would also likely enable a higher 1st round pick for us as well.

Who knows with Verbeek though.

Reactions: Static

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
He didnt say where the extra two inches were
giphy (11).gif

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Solid...and not even disagreeing.

Dirk or not, drafting stiffs like Gaucher and Myatovic to be "tougher to play against" and then drafting Olen II at 3OA just makes me shake my head. I hope this is a joke Madden is playing on the rest of the league ahead of the draft.

Why? If they think he’s the best prospect why does it matter?

Do you trust our scouts? Didn’t you say this same stuff to people that question a silayev pick at 3?

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
:) Nicknames for Zeev Buium ? Shazam ? He reminds me a little of Zachary Levi who plays Shazam. Also one of my favorite actors cause of the TV series 'Chuck'.
Zorro ?

Reactions: Zegras11

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I've generally been a fan of Verbeek's work as GM here but taking Buuim at 3 would make me pretty upset

It’s like a win win win for me

- high on buium
- will piss off dirk
- will mean fowlers days are numbered

Give him an extension if he goes this route

Reactions: DucksRoll

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Why? If they think he’s the best prospect why does it matter?

Do you trust our scouts? Didn’t you say this same stuff to people that question a silayev pick at 3?
No, actually I don't really trust our scouts and I've made that clear over the past 2-3 years.

I'm not sure where all this Buium buzz is coming from but I'd be so disappointed if it was a leak in the organization.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Reminds me of those years we kept losing to Chicago and LA. Hit them into oblivion, people said. We were the tough physical team, and every year we lost. Chicago wasn't the big, tough team, but the won the cup three times while our tough guys were at home making excuses.
That's actually when they started removing the big physical players
Poor memory or just flat out lying?

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
It’s like a win win win for me

- high on buium
- will piss off dirk
- will mean fowlers days are numbered

Give him an extension if he goes this route
You think I give a shit? Since Verbeek this team has been one of the softest in history I've accepted it and to prove my point I've looked at the bottom of the standings, the empty seats and the ratings.

Rooch

Jul 22, 2021
Already been brought up but I too am fascinated by what Zeev selection means for Fowler. Evidently Verbeek sees the same thing we do. Does he trade Fowler and picks tonight to move back up?

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I’m just confused how people could love silayev pick and hate buium pick

Already been brought up but I too am fascinated by what Zeev selection means for Fowler. Evidently Verbeek sees the same thing we do. Does he trade Fowler and picks tonight to move back up?

God willing

Reactions: BoHorvat 53

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Oh? Enlighten me please.

Buium doesn't play with the kind of offensive aggression Zell does. I do have serious questions about Buium's physical traits and how he can hold up against bigger forwards in the corners and in front of the net, but he's such a smart player I'd be willing to take the risk. The odds will be against him though. Not many players in that archetype become top pair or #1D.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Obviously the D core needs more size. Buium will likely end up 6' 1" 200lbs atleast, he's not a frail dude. Stole this from his prospect thread:

Buium's resume this year;

-He won the U18's gold, WJC-U20 gold, and NCAA Frozen Four National title all within a calendar year
-Led the US WJC-U20 gold team in +/-
-Led the US WJC-U20 gold team in goal scoring for defensemen
-He scored the game clinching goal for the US at the WJC-U20 championship
-He led the entire NCAA in +/- with a +33
-He had the best points per game for a draft eligible in the salary cap era (at-least)
-He shutdown the #1 oa pick in this years draft in the Frozen Four
-He shutdown possibly the best line in NCAA history in the championship game
-He created something out of nothing to set-up an incredible 2nd goal for Denver to win the Championship 2-0
-Scored 50 points in the NCAA (50 freaking points)
-He did all the above while only being an 18 year old

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad