Downloadable NHL Schedule?

tmangos

Jul 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
The format of the NHL Schedule was changed on NHL.com
Before, I could display the full schedule for the whole season. Then I'd copy & paste into Excel, reformat it a bit with formulas, and voila.
But now, they only display one week at a time! I went through all weeks and copied & pasted each, Then to my dismay, I found that all that effort was for nothing - the text for both the Rangers and the Islanders just says "New York", so I can't distinguish between the two!
The only way to tell is visually on the page, by looking at the image of the logo beside the team name.

Q: Does anyone know where to get a downloadable version of the full NHL schedule? In csv format would be nice.

Q2: Isn't this an accessibility issue? What about those who are visually impaired? A screen reader wouldn't be any good, I don't think.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I noticed in the Toronto Sun the last leaf game in April 17. Play offs starting late April again and going to late June.
Don't know bout you guys but by round three even this fantatic is into summer time fun. Boat, watersports, campfire, backyard, kids soccer and baseball games. Strategically timed score checks on the phone is all the attention the NHL gets from us beyond long week endvin May.
League doesn't even abide by its own fan interest season shelf life. Duh.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Somewhere in the NHL office people are high fiveing and popping bottles with "Mission accomplished" banners knowing they made the league even harder to follow and generate content for

tmangos

Jul 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Thanks! That might be workable if I copy the text into a spreadsheet.

And ya, I've been googling it all day. It looks like most sites source from NHL.com and just say "New York' for both teams. For example, on Sunday December 15, there's New York at Chicago at 3, and then New York at St.. Louis at 6! (The 3:00 game is the Islanders).
Dobber comes close but doesn't show game start times.

Last edited:
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
1720102205279.png

1720102237193.png

1720102264837.png

It's not available yet due to the schedule being just released, but closer to the season starting it will be.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I noticed in the Toronto Sun the last leaf game in April 17. Play offs starting late April again and going to late June.
Don't know bout you guys but by round three even this fantatic is into summer time fun. Boat, watersports, campfire, backyard, kids soccer and baseball games. Strategically timed score checks on the phone is all the attention the NHL gets from us beyond long week endvin May.
League doesn't even abide by its own fan interest season shelf life. Duh.
We went through this in a thread on the main boards a couple of weeks ago. ESPN is seemingly to blame.

1) ESPN holds the rights to the MLB's Wild Card round, which runs Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday in the first week of October. And ESPN has the NHL tripleheader on the first Tuesday of the season to kick off the season. As a result, these 2 events can't be on the same week. So the NHL start gets bumped to 2nd week of October.

2) ESPN has partial rights to the Masters, which is usually on the 2nd weekend of April, and doesn't want NHL and NBA playoffs to start on that weekend. So they start the following weekend. The way the calendar has worked this past season and in 2024-25, the Masters is in the April 12-13-14th-15th range, which delays the start of the playoffs to the following weekend.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
We went through this in a thread on the main boards a couple of weeks ago. ESPN is seemingly to blame.

1) ESPN holds the rights to the MLB's Wild Card round, which runs Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday in the first week of October. And ESPN has the NHL tripleheader on the first Tuesday of the season to kick off the season. As a result, these 2 events can't be on the same week. So the NHL start gets bumped to 2nd week of October.

2) ESPN has partial rights to the Masters, which is usually on the 2nd weekend of April, and doesn't want NHL and NBA playoffs to start on that weekend. So they start the following weekend. The way the calendar has worked this past season and in 2024-25, the Masters is in the April 12-13-14th-15th range, which delays the start of the playoffs to the following weekend.
Yes, And while they are considering that. Do they at all consider the people who could not care less about hockey in June and tune out. Like this fantatic , and a bunch of others in our huge family. I'm sure we ain't the only ones.
When I can choose between water skiing, and a dozen other out doir summer fun family things or game 102 of NHL season......just text me the score man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad