Prospect Info: Down On The Farm (Ads and Glads)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Will be interesting to see if we can develop him. He gets to fight with Murray and Haider for net time. On the negative side, none of them were inspiring at the AHL level last season and this might be a real rough season for MIL goaltending

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I'm assuming Edstrom stays in Sweden for another year. Hopefully Korn does good work with Chrona. He has size reminiscent of a certain other Preds goalie of lore...

L'Heureux - Svechkov - Kemell
Bellows - (O'Reilly) - Hinostraza
Schafer - Lucchini - Wiesblatt
Mutter - ? - Angello
Roest/(Wall)/(Campbell)/(Howarth)/Frasca

Del Gaizo/Stastney - Blankenburg
Gravel - Ufko
Wilsby - Livingstone
Hanzel/Prokop/Matier/(Marino)/(Nychuk)

Murray
Chrona
(Haider)
All eyes on that top line :oops:

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I don't know if anybody has noted it yet, but Scott Ford got hired as an NHL assistant coach by Columbus! That's quite a huge promotion for our AHL assistant! Wow. Congrats to him. 14 total years in Milwaukee, I guess Dean Evason knows him pretty well.
:handclap:

BTW, just noticed that Matt Donovan (yes, the former D) has been hired to replace Ford.

He's only 34, and was fairly productive in Chicago last year, so hey, maybe he can even serve as an emergency injury replacement player as well! :D

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I like to compile this list every September on my own and get some feedback as I did last year.
Please see my below rankings and let me know what you think. Any questions? Anyone too high or too low?
Thank you for any comments in advance :)

1. Matt Wood
  2. Joakim Kemell
  3. Tanner Molendyk
  4. Zachary L’Heureux
  5. Fyodor Svechkov
  6. Andrew Gibson
  7. Yegor Surin
  8. Teddy Stiga
  9. David Edstrom
  10. Aiden Fink
  11. Ryan Ufko
  12. Miguel Marques
  13. Reid Schaefer
  14. Jack Matier
  15. Kasper Kulonummi
  16. Magnus Chrona
  17. Semyon Chistyakov
  18. Adam Ingram
  19. Viggo Gustafsson
  20. Kalan Lind

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I like to compile this list every September on my own and get some feedback as I did last year.
Please see my below rankings and let me know what you think. Any questions? Anyone too high or too low?
Thank you for any comments in advance :)

1. Matt Wood
  2. Joakim Kemell
  3. Tanner Molendyk
  4. Zachary L’Heureux
  5. Fyodor Svechkov
  6. Andrew Gibson
  7. Yegor Surin
  8. Teddy Stiga
  9. David Edstrom
  10. Aiden Fink
  11. Ryan Ufko
  12. Miguel Marques
  13. Reid Schaefer
  14. Jack Matier
  15. Kasper Kulonummi
  16. Magnus Chrona
  17. Semyon Chistyakov
  18. Adam Ingram
  19. Viggo Gustafsson
  20. Kalan Lind
I think the top 9 are all fairly close, but I'd have Edstrom higher. I was much higher on him his draft year than where he went and he followed up with excellent season this year. I think he has real chance to be 2c, but even if offense lags a bit he should be strong 3c. Assuming he doesn't have any major setbacks, I see his range of likely outcomes as basically Faksa to potentially a best case of JEE.

Reactions: PREDy 4 the Cup

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I think the top 9 are all fairly close, but I'd have Edstrom higher. I was much higher on him his draft year than where he went and he followed up with excellent season this year. I think he has real chance to be 2c, but even if offense lags a bit he should be strong 3c. Assuming he doesn't have any major setbacks, I see his range of likely outcomes as basically Faksa to potentially a best case of JEE.
I do agree I really like him as well. I wouldn’t say his follow up season was super impressive but lots of potential there for sure and great size. We have such a stellar top 10 it’s really impressive that we are so deep.

Where would you slot him in?
Maybe put him at 7 and bump surin and stiga down one each?

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I do agree I really like him as well. I wouldn’t say his follow up season was super impressive but lots of potential there for sure and great size. We have such a stellar top 10 it’s really impressive that we are so deep.

Where would you slot him in?
Maybe put him at 7 and bump surin and stiga down one each?
19 points in 44 games in SHL as 18 YO is pretty dang good. Blues had 2 1st round forwards in the same league, including Stenberg who was his teammate last year at Frolunda, and he had twice as many points as the 2 combined in roughly same # of games. I had him ranked ahead of Stenberg going into draft and stand by that still.

I didn't follow Milwaukee last year so it's a bit tough for me to rank the 3 who were there, but I liked all 3 in their draft years (Svechkov was guy I wanted Blues to draft but we took Bolduc). I'd put Edstrom ahead of all of this year's draftees along with Gibson and Molendyk, so maybe 5 or 6.

FWIW, I had Wood 11, Edstrom 16, and Gibson 35 in last year's draft, with Molendyk just outside top 50. I know this board loves Molendyk, and he may well become great player here, but D with his size and statistical profile don't have a great track record.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
BTW, just noticed that Matt Donovan (yes, the former D) has been hired to replace Ford.

He's only 34, and was fairly productive in Chicago last year, so hey, maybe he can even serve as an emergency injury replacement player as well! :D
Donovan was a slow skater when he played in Milwaukee. No chance that he can play here now.

Why do you think that last place Chicago had FIVE former Admirals on their roster?

They were desperate for any talent at their hockey player retirement home!

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Donovan was a slow skater when he played in Milwaukee. No chance that he can play here now.

Why do you think that last place Chicago had FIVE former Admirals on their roster?

They were desperate for any talent at their hockey player retirement home!
Well, slow or not, he was PP1 and 43pts and 88 PIMs last season says he can still basically function at the AHL level. If we are down to needing a replacement D, that's still probably better than whoever we have stashed in Atlanta. Grimaldi and Terry are also ace AHL players.

I'm a little surprised Ratcliffe didn't do anything there. He had a nice little bounce with us after the trade. But seems to have totally bombed again in Chicago.

The other old timers like Schneider and Conacher, former AHL stars, I guess time has just caught up with them too. Like Donovan. But also... like Cal O'Reilly... I mean, you can have one or two older guys who aren't as good as they were. I guess the Chicago example shows you better not have too many of them at once? I wouldn't be too impressed about their coach though... if they had such a dismal year, despite loading up on so many "big name" veterans, that doesn't seem like a good endorsement for him? :dunno:

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
19 points in 44 games in SHL as 18 YO is pretty dang good. Blues had 2 1st round forwards in the same league, including Stenberg who was his teammate last year at Frolunda, and he had twice as many points as the 2 combined in roughly same # of games. I had him ranked ahead of Stenberg going into draft and stand by that still.

I didn't follow Milwaukee last year so it's a bit tough for me to rank the 3 who were there, but I liked all 3 in their draft years (Svechkov was guy I wanted Blues to draft but we took Bolduc). I'd put Edstrom ahead of all of this year's draftees along with Gibson and Molendyk, so maybe 5 or 6.

FWIW, I had Wood 11, Edstrom 16, and Gibson 35 in last year's draft, with Molendyk just outside top 50. I know this board loves Molendyk, and he may well become great player here, but D with his size and statistical profile don't have a great track record.
Ok I did a revised list here but I just can’t see how I can rank edstrom above the guys above him. Stiga looks like he’s going to breakout into a complete stud and I mean it’s close with surin but I give surin a very very slight edge but that one is super close.
See below:

1. Matt Wood
  2. Joakim Kemell
  3. Tanner Molendyk
  4. Fyodor Svechkov
  5. Zachary L’Heureux
  6. Teddy Stiga
  7. Yegor Surin
  8. David Edstrom
  9. Andrew Gibson
  10. Aiden Fink
  11. Ryan Ufko
  12. Miguel Marques
  13. Reid Schaefer
  14. Kasper Kulonummi
  15. Jack Matier
  16. Magnus Chrona
  17. Adam Ingram
  18. Viggo Gustafsson
  19. Kalan Lind
  20. Felix Nilsson

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Ok I did a revised list here but I just can’t see how I can rank edstrom above the guys above him. Stiga looks like he’s going to breakout into a complete stud and I mean it’s close with surin but I give surin a very very slight edge but that one is super close.
See below:

1. Matt Wood
  2. Joakim Kemell
  3. Tanner Molendyk
  4. Fyodor Svechkov
  5. Zachary L’Heureux
  6. Teddy Stiga
  7. Yegor Surin
  8. David Edstrom
  9. Andrew Gibson
  10. Aiden Fink
  11. Ryan Ufko
  12. Miguel Marques
  13. Reid Schaefer
  14. Kasper Kulonummi
  15. Jack Matier
  16. Magnus Chrona
  17. Adam Ingram
  18. Viggo Gustafsson
  19. Kalan Lind
  20. Felix Nilsson
I think that’s fair.

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I think that’s fair.
I also took our chistyakov because I don’t think he will ever come to North America by the looks of things. Nilsson is in there at 20 but he’s not overly impressing but having been reached for in the second round just a year ago let’s give him the benefit of the doubt in there at 20.

Another close cut was muzzatti at 20 and Roest. Both of them looking decent. Actually maybe even Roest above Lind…

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
See below:

1. Matt Wood
  2. Joakim Kemell
  3. Tanner Molendyk
  4. Fyodor Svechkov
  5. Zachary L’Heureux
  6. Teddy Stiga
  7. Yegor Surin
  8. David Edstrom
  9. Andrew Gibson
  10. Aiden Fink
  11. Ryan Ufko
  12. Miguel Marques
  13. Reid Schaefer
  14. Kasper Kulonummi
  15. Jack Matier
  16. Magnus Chrona
  17. Adam Ingram
  18. Viggo Gustafsson
  19. Kalan Lind
  20. Felix Nilsson
I look at it like I am buying stock. Wood was a good buy at introductory price evaluation, but I don't think I am buying more based on his early returns.

I am however buying as much Surin and Molendyk as I can at this point in time. It could be FOMO on Surin, but he's a guy I am planting my flag on.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I also took our chistyakov because I don’t think he will ever come to North America by the looks of things. Nilsson is in there at 20 but he’s not overly impressing but having been reached for in the second round just a year ago let’s give him the benefit of the doubt in there at 20.

Another close cut was muzzatti at 20 and Roest. Both of them looking decent. Actually maybe even Roest above Lind…
I think Lind has a better chance than Roest of making the NHL even if it is just in a bottom 6 role.

Muzzatti is someone i keep forgetting about. He's a big fella and i could see him as a McCarron replacement long term.

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I think Lind has a better chance than Roest of making the NHL even if it is just in a bottom 6 role.

Muzzatti is someone i keep forgetting about. He's a big fella and i could see him as a McCarron replacement long term.
I do agree about lind and roest, I looked up the team Roest was on and it’s a complete powerhouse. Whereas Lind did not have a very offensively gifted team.

As I said, I can see Muzzatti as a replacement for mccarron long term for sure but I can see more offensive flair to him than what mccarron offers. He’s got respectable numbers on a weak team and in his younger days on elite prospects he put up some astronomical numbers. I’m actually quite high on him as a future bottom six guy.

Felix Nilsson I have not got much faith in at all. He was terrible in the shl. He was a reach in the second round anyways. We more than made up with is with stiga this past draft in the second round. This kid is going to be a stud I think, I like him more than surin and I quite like surin as well after watching more of him and such. We shall see in time about all of these guys though

I look at it like I am buying stock. Wood was a good buy at introductory price evaluation, but I don't think I am buying more based on his early returns.

I am however buying as much Surin and Molendyk as I can at this point in time. It could be FOMO on Surin, but he's a guy I am planting my flag on.
I admit I wasn’t crazy about Molendyk at first but I own being wrong on him. No guarantee ever he works out but he for sure is looking like a first rounder now. Way to go Barrie!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad