Votes: 25 61.0%
  • Tied

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Not really fair to Hamilton if you're comparing right now as he missed 62 games last season to injury.

But just 2 seasons ago Hamilton peaked higher than Weegar has ever had (74 points), and has been better throughout their careers. It's reflected in their Norris voting record, as well as nearly 7 straight 40 point campaigns, a few of those who missed over 25+ games.

Weegar has eclipsed the 40 point mark twice and peaked at 52 points.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If healthy, it's Hamilton.

Higher peak and longer track record.

But I like Weegar too.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
If we're factoring in contracts I'd rather have Weegar at this point, but Hamilton is the better player overall provided that he is not cooked from the recent injuries. It's early in the season and he missed a lot of games so I think it's fair to give him some time.

Reactions: Felidae and Coffee

Coffee

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
If we're factoring in contracts I'd rather have Weegar at this point, but Hamilton is the better player overall provided that he is not cooked from the recent injuries. It's early in the season and he missed a lot of games so I think it's fair to give him some time.
Picked Weegar but never got to see much of Hamilton since he left the Bruins to be honest

What kind of defender is Hamilton ? Game strengths and stuff

Thank you

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Picked Weegar but never got to see much of Hamilton since he left the Bruins to be honest

What kind of defender is Hamilton ? Game strengths and stuff

Thank you
Lots of people will tell you he’s not good defensively, but I think he gets an unfair reputation.

He’s been relied on to play top pairing minutes against top competition for the Flames, Hurricanes, and Devils and has been really good for all 3 of those teams.

He’s one of those big guys that isn’t all that aggressive physically, but he’s not soft and he can throw some big hits. He’s got a long reach and so it’s not easy to get by him, but he does have brain lapses sometimes.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I think Weegar is underrated considering he's a top pairing defenseman who plays huge minutes and scores 20 goals. However, Hamilton has been pretty damn good himself for a long time.

I voted Weegar but it's really close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad