Donut's Fantasy Game 5.0 - Discussion Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JonnyGraz

Feb 10, 2014
Not surprised. It's a total mix up of personalities that I doubt would work in the NHL. They are just big names. I think that HCT would work very well in the NHL today.

VanIslander

20 years of All-Time Drafts on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Not surprised. It's a total mix up of personalities that I doubt would work in the NHL.
LOL. Like backchecking, passing Backstrom hasn't worked with trigger-shooting OV! Adding nasty net presence P in the mix ought to dominate, as the voting agrees (or do you think Corey Perry is less of a net presence than Joel Ward?! LOL!)

They are just big names. I think that HCT would work very well in the NHL today.
Because Hall has been so awesome? Not. Or is it because Crosby is so awesome that throw any two liked wingers with him and he'll shine? (as some have indicated)

donut

Sep 5, 2012
:nhl

Head's up is that the penalty for the goalie selection is very much similar to the penalty I had in place for the roster update.

Also, if you end up exceeding the cap, your team will be shut down and you won't be eligible for voting as well as the next game.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
12.5M in cap space for 4 more players... I got this :laugh:

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
hall has been ****ing awesome at the NHL level I don't think you follow hockey if you think otherwise. and yes crosby literally makes everyone he plays with better I don't know what you're going off about.

VanIslander

20 years of All-Time Drafts on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Seriously,...

The strangest order of centers I've ever seen!

1st line center: Tyler Johnson
2nd line center: Jonathan Toews
3rd line center: Henrik Sedin
4th line center: Joe Thornton

:huh: They don't call this "fantasy" for nuttin'.

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
Seriously,...

The strangest order of centers I've ever seen!

1st line center: Tyler Johnson
2nd line center: Jonathan Toews
3rd line center: Henrik Sedin
4th line center: Joe Thornton

:huh: They don't call this "fantasy" for nuttin'.

What's wrong with it? Johnson is playing at an elite level, and Toews is better suited for a shut-down 2nd line role anyways. Johnson is better than both Sedin and Thornton, so it makes sense.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
He has been this season.

at what exactly? Henrik scored more points, despite Johnson having a ridiculous on ice shooting% (an unsustainable one) and Henrik absloutely rag dolls him in possession. So no, Tyler Johnson was not better than Henrik Sedin at ice hockey this year.

Go start a poll asking who's better.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
at what exactly? Henrik scored more points, despite Johnson having a ridiculous on ice shooting% (an unsustainable one) and Henrik absloutely rag dolls him in possession. So no, Tyler Johnson was not better than Henrik Sedin at ice hockey this year.

Go start a poll asking who's better.

I agree that Henrik is better but with the way Johnson has been playing this post-season, I'm pretty sure HF posters will be voting Johnson over Henrik :laugh:

member 202355

Jared Cowen has an absolutely abysmal 5v5 GA/60 of 3.32, and a GF% lower than that of Luca Sbisa. That's how terrible he is.

member 202355

Brendan Gallagher. Also can you people send pms before slipping people? And can you send pms period? I have not gotten a single pm from Vancouver this entire game. It's getting ridiculous.

I believe I sent you a PM in an earlier rounds, although admittedly I forgot to do so after our latest pick. I promise not to forget this time. :thumbu:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I believe I sent you a PM in an earlier rounds, although admittedly I forgot to do so after our latest pick. I promise not to forget this time. :thumbu:

Maybe in the first round but I have been constantly checking the thread because of not getting a pm. I thought you were only sending them to Gino or something but he wasn't getting one either. Anyway just try to send one for these last few rounds please!

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Most teams have 2 picks left in the draft, let's finish this thing up soon!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Will update my roster tomorrow - don't have internet right now.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
:nhl

Post your finalized roster with cap-hit/cap-space info when you're done.

I'll explain voting and ask for votes tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for everyone who participated in the draft and best of luck in voting and the "playoffs'

donut

Sep 5, 2012
vancouver-whitecaps-fc-1-facebook-cover-timeline-banner-for-fb.jpg

FINAL ROSTER

Ondrej Palat - Tyler Johnson - Valeri Nichushkin
James van Reimsdyk - Jonathan Toews (C) - Wayne Simmonds
Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin (A) - Carl Soderberg
Patrick Maroon - Joe Thornton - Jakub Silfverberg

Duncan Keith (A) - Brent Seabrook
Victor Hedman - John Klingberg
Dan Hamhuis - Olli Maatta

Fredrik Andersen
Devan Dubnyk

Cap-Hit: $77,849,795
Cap Space: $2,150,205​

member 202355

:nucks are eligible for the playoffs

5 or more countries: Canada (Doughty), USA (Kane), Sweden (Edler), Finland (Rask), Russia (Markov), Slovenia (Kopitar)

3 or more players 30+: Parise (30), Elliott (30), Markov (36)

Both G picked by round 14: Rask (round 8), Elliott (round 14)

Max. 3 players per team: LAK (Doughty, Kopitar, Toffoli)

Cap Payroll: $79.933M

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad