OT: Donairs: The official food of the HF Oilers board :Part 2

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I recently picked up a pack of Mundare Donair Smokies. They were good, but I wasn't getting a lot of donair out of them. Got them at Castledowns Sobeys.

Reactions: SaltNPeca

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Literally overheard my wife explaining to her twin brother (also in Montreal) what a Donair was.

It's a greek-turkish fusion food, morphed into a completely different thing made in Nova Scotia and Alberta. And for some reason always made By some Indian guy in a turban.

We also noticed Halifax municipality has now taken the donair on as their 'official food' and are really making a push that it belongs to THEM.

Reactions: BleedingOil

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I first had a donair when I moved to Edmonton as no place where I lived in Ontario had these. Donairs look real good to me but I don't like them. I don't like DOnair meat. I tried them from a few different places and I just don't like Donair meat. I much rather have a pita.

• Wow
Reactions: CantHaveTkachev

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I first had a donair when I moved to Edmonton as no place where I lived in Ontario had these. Donairs look real good to me but I don't like them. I don't like DOnair meat. I tried them from a few different places and I just don't like Donair meat. I much rather have a pita.

Try a donair pizza.

Reactions: oilers'72

Stauf4Prez

Designated Survivor
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
You could always get a donair without the donair meat, then report back with your findings!

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Jerusalem Shawarma- helluva establishment.

yea - that's the one. great pricing too, the takeout platters are top notch for hosting.

still get nostalgic for the queen donair on the north side of jasper next to knoxvilles (rip). the new location just isn't the same

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad