Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Absolutely, absolument. On s'en câliss ! I'm fed-up with those so called truths that would mean anything, like some sort of proven science that at the end is just anecdotic, idiotic and symptomatic of medias who have nothing to write. And some people get into that train and they beleive it.
Yeah , I like pascal , mais a moment donner la , c'est notre coach AHL , pascal a plus rien a avoir avec Laine. Even Kent was annoyed by the constant questions about what Pascal told him about laine

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Would be very curious to know who was on that list but don't think we will ever know. Doesn't specifically say that the list was only defenceman only that they chose Harris because they like a deep D group and they like Harris. So maybe the list was all the remaining Bergevin blunders and Harris.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Craig Button on Marinaro's show last night:

"I watched Laine in 2016 lead that World Junior team in Finnish soil to a gold medal. All the greats of finnish hockey were there, all calling and expecting a gold medal and he delivered it, boy did he deliver it. Laine has never had any issue dealing with pressure, he will not have any issues dealing with pressure. "

"The Columbus blue jackets were a disaster when he was there, a disaster, a total disaster. Its a miracle anybody performed at all on that team. We should be celebrating Patrik Laine for standing up against the mess that was going on in Columbus, we should be celebrating Patrik Laine."

"I am sick and tired hearing about you can't win with Patrik Laine. You know who you can't win with? The Columbus Blue jackets! And the mess of a management and ownership they have had for years. Players should be going, I think Patrik Laine is right, I can't win in Columbus, period. It was a joke."

"What is Columbus in this league? A game on the schedule. That is all they had ever been"

Wow Craig, don't hold back.

That last line...

woah-saturday-night-live.gif

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Yeah , I like pascal , mais a moment donner la , c'est notre coach AHL , pascal a plus rien a avoir avec Laine. Even Kent was annoyed by the constant questions about what Pascal told him about laine
Yeah I mean, don't let Vincent take too much space. He's not Scotty Bowman tabarnak!
Pascal Vincent is like Will Ferrell in the SNL sketch 'More Cowbell' in the song Don't fear the Reaper, lol.
Tsé un moment là là !!

Holy smokes lol. Rare to hear a talking head be that frank and brutal.
This is a brutal truth we're gonna see if it's real or false. Now we have a part of that sh*tty team out of this waste dump and we're gonna see if the flower can florish in good soil (oh I'm a poet now, lol).

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Laine is in the NHL and Vincent in the AHL...

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Would be very curious to know who was on that list but don't think we will ever know. Doesn't specifically say that the list was only defenceman only that they chose Harris because they like a deep D group and they like Harris. So maybe the list was all the remaining Bergevin blunders and Harris.
They did want to take back cap so it would have to be players not making much like Struble, Harris etc.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
If the habs became interested recently, then Engels wasn't wrong when he said the habs did not have much interest in Laine.
Hughes spoke at draft about possible trade. It never materialized. I quite sure it wasn't Laine. As Waddell said Montreal became interested recently. Most likely he tried for Zegras or Necas.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
As mentioned before................no way did Waddell want the distraction to be handed to a new coach either......he was always going to take the best deal he could.
Habs had the cap space.......no one else interested could take the entire contract.
Harris for a 2nd is a great deal.............Laine for cap space is a great deal.

Win/Win for all.
Yeah you must see this trade in two parts.

Harris for a 2nd is a good trade. I actually like the kid he's solid and steady depth but we have too much depth on the left side and Harris was certainly not worth a 1st round pick. 2nd round picks are a good thing to have in his back pocket both at the draft and at the TDL.

And then Laine for cap space which is imo a good gamble to make. I assume KH tried to signe a UFA but none wanted to be part of a rebuild.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
It's a trade where everyone got what he wanted.

Waddell : Wanted cap space and to add depth to his D Corps
Laine : Wanted out of Colombus
Hughes : Wanted to add a productive player to the top 6 at low cost and low risk. Wanted to add a pick to take on Laine contract

It's a triple win
Doesn't feel like much of a win for CBJ. Laine seems motivated to prove everyone wrong. And he's young enough to put things on track. It's not like Waddel dumped an old declining vet with a big contract. Laine was a core piece when they acquired him. So they are definitely losers in the overall scheme. Very poor asset manangement.

Reactions: BLONG7

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Maybe Carey will start feeling better and will be able to give it another go for a couple of seasons once da core is ready to fight for the cup? I wouldn't 100% discount it.
Based on what I’ve heard from people closely connected to Price, you can feel confident letting that dream go. Reports in traditional media say the same. Not really an option medically or personally.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Ironically the person he can get the most support from is Armia. He was going through the same thing and saw a sports psychologist. He said his turn around was due to that and he turned it around after he learned not to beat himself up over making mistakes.

Sounds exactly like what Laine needs and support from his buddy Joel.
Yup that thought crossed my mind to the point that if Armia continues to play well he does have a role to play with this team and may be worth re-signing.
Armia is a weird one he seems socially awkward but his team mates like him and if Laine plays great and is comfortable having Joel around hmmm.
I was on record last season as saying I have no interest in trading "this Armia".
Get him on a good contract but let me run it by Timo first. :laugh:

Last edited:

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
It's so fun that we'll be able to swap Caufield and Laine back and forth whenever either line is having a bit of a slump too. After all these years of Jordan Weal types on the PP and Paul Byrons in our top 6 I couldn't be more excited to know that one of Caufield or Laine will be on the ice for a minimum of ~35 minutes of every game.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
They didn't want to take a cap dump, but who knows if they viewed Dvorak or Armia like that or not.
Could be. They wouldn't touch Gallagher or Anderson but Dvorak or Armia could be useful, are on moderate expiring contracts.

Doesn't feel like much of a win for CBJ. Laine seems motivated to prove everyone wrong. And he's young enough to put things on track. It's not like Waddel dumped an old declining vet with a big contract. Laine was a core piece when they acquired him. So they are definitely losers in the overall scheme. Very poor asset manangement.
Laine wanted out so he was going to be moved. Just a matter of retaining and getting assets or no retention and getting nothing back. It depends on if Waddell has something in mind for the cap space.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The plan from management has been pretty clear so far and HuGo have done what Hughes has been saying so far. Laine's upside is huge and the players have got to be beyond excited that management rewarded them with this addition. Losing a good teammate like Harris must suck but Laine can help the team take the next step. Things are now in the players' hands.
Hughes does what Hughes says he's going to do. I've been a huge fan ever since the beginning of year two because of this.
What a relief to have a respectful GM every aspect of his work reflects this. His manner with the media his players his staff and the fanbase.
It must also come into play when dealing with other GM's and negotiating contracts.
I can't recall too many GM's using a term like "Gracious" to describe an action of a fellow GM.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I hate MB for many reasons, but he did get one of the best trade deadline player in Vanek... Anyways, we can shit on him but he did get some good (mostly lucky) moves once in a while. He just has no clue how to build a winning team.
Yes and we all saw first hand what it did for our core.
The following year he sat on his hands all season long while coming out with quotes like "We are in transition" and "anything can happen".
I was convinced that he saw what was wrong with running Pleks and Desharnais out there as our top 2 centers by what we saw in that post season.
I was also convinced that he saw what adding another top forward to our group accomplished.
A large part of this fan base were expecting a couple of moves going into the next season...

Crickets.
My response as was that of a handful of others here was "f*** You Moron"
He was done in my books.

Can you imagine how Kent Hughes would have manipulated our Cap Space in the season leading up to the McDavid Eichel draft.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013

Although Waddell said after Laine was moved he started getting other offers. So I'm guessing this might pay off in other ways as his options opened up.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad