Management Don Sweeney VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Bergeron gets hurt, we're "done"?

If there's one position we have a lot of guys who can fill in, it's center.

If Bergeron is out for 20-30 games we miss the playoffs. Rookie fill ins won't be able to put us in IMO.

Sweeney could lose his job if we miss because of a Bergeron injury so I'm sure he's on it.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
If Bergeron is out for 20-30 games we miss the playoffs. Rookie fill ins won't be able to put us in IMO.

Sweeney could lose his job if we miss because of a Bergeron injury so I'm sure he's on it.

To be fair you can say the same about Tuukka, Marchand, and Pastrnak I think

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015

Every team is either done or on the ropes if they lose their best players. We aren't going to trade for Holtby, Price and Bobrovsky for insurance either, even though it's pretty obvious that the Bruins are done if Rask goes down.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Every team is either done or on the ropes if they lose their best players. We aren't going to trade for Holtby, Price and Bobrovsky for insurance either, even though it's pretty obvious that the Bruins are done if Rask goes down.

Easier to get a solid replacement for Rask than Bergeron and I'm more confident in our goalie prospects than I am our center prospects.

Last edited:

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Marchand-Backes-Pastrnak played very well together last season when Bergeron missed time. Duschene would be nice but there are a boatload of teams in the league that would be willing to outbid Boston as Krejci-Backes-Spooner is better than 90% of teams center line ups minus their number one guy.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012

If only the Bruins had another center capable of putting up 60 points on the team

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Marchand-Backes-Pastrnak played very well together last season when Bergeron missed time. Duschene would be nice but there are a boatload of teams in the league that would be willing to outbid Boston as Krejci-Backes-Spooner is better than 90% of teams center line ups minus their number one guy.

Boston has the assets to compete with any team in a bidding war. Not that I want to overpay but I might for a player of that caliber. Do it Sweeney!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Since Donny Hockey moved I don't see him in my neck of the woods- however if he sees this I just want to congratulate for cleaning up Chiarelli's mess and stocking the prospect pond

Looks like those trips to Europe to personally scout Pastrnak and put your stamp on the pick paid off

Keep up the great work :handclap:

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Since Donny Hockey moved I don't see him in my neck of the woods- however if he sees this I just want to congratulate for cleaning up Chiarelli's mess and stocking the prospect pond

Looks like those trips to Europe to personally scout Pastrnak and put your stamp on the pick paid off

Keep up the great work :handclap:

I like our chances in the east! Add Dushene and we're the favorite IMO.

Sweeney has done a great job!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Boston has the assets to compete with any team in a bidding war. Not that I want to overpay but I might for a player of that caliber. Do it Sweeney!

This is fantasy stuff. By that I mean you have yet to offer a realistic plan as to :

1- describe how to fit him within the Cap.
2- explain why the Bruins would do this for essentially a rental.
3- explain why the Avs would aceept what package you would come up with.
4- explain why the Bruins would give that much up (see point 2)

So while I enjoy good trade talk it needs to have some semblance of why it can be a reality.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
This is fantasy stuff. By that I mean you have yet to offer a realistic plan as to :

1- describe how to fit him within the Cap.
2- explain why the Bruins would do this for essentially a rental.
3- explain why the Avs would aceept what package you would come up with.
4- explain why the Bruins would give that much up (see point 2)

So while I enjoy good trade talk it needs to have some semblance of why it can be a reality.

1- Krug for Dushene as an example. Money is close
2- Dushene is a young fast 2 way center who also made team Canada. (Can't have enough of these)
3-Duschene has requested a trade. ( they have to take someone's offer)
4- Boston does it because it's a move in great support of their top asset ( see point 2)

I just hope Sweeney is involved. That's all. Go B's!

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
That is horrible for the Bruins. Krug opens a bigger hole than Duchene fills. That makes the LD at the NHL level just Chara. But don't worry, they added Duchene incase Bergeron gets hurts even though Backes could fill in there.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
That is horrible for the Bruins. Krug opens a bigger hole than Duchene fills. That makes the LD at the NHL level just Chara. But don't worry, they added Duchene incase Bergeron gets hurts even though Backes could fill in there.

You missed the point. Read the question. It's an example of making the cap work.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You missed the point. Read the question. It's an example of making the cap work.

You need a trade that makes the cap work as well as makes the team better.

We know Colorado wants one of Carlo++/ McAvoy. Would they take Krug instead, maybe? But then the Bruins have a gaping hole they need to fix.

Honestly I'm not even sure Boston is really even in on Duchene. Boston wants lando from them.

Now maybe at some point it becomes all about prospects, and if it is after Jan, Boston would have cap space to make a prospects deal.

If at the deadline Colorado is willing to take Zboril, Heinen, Spooner and a pick, then maybe a deal makes sense.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
1- Krug for Dushene as an example. Money is close
2- Dushene is a young fast 2 way center who also made team Canada. (Can't have enough of these)
3-Duschene has requested a trade. ( they have to take someone's offer)
4- Boston does it because it's a move in great support of their top asset ( see point 2)

I just hope Sweeney is involved. That's all. Go B's!

Thats terrible.
You create a hole by removing our PP PMD for a redundant forward. You are still in the hole for a million.
Who replaces that? You are out of money.
Why do Avs want Krug?
You still have a rental.
It isnt a match between these clubs.

Fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad