Don Cherry meets the press after the "Too Many Men" game in Montreal (1979)

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
Back when you could speak your mind without the PC police jumping down your throat.

Roenick was mentioned on here a lot lately; guys like him would be crucified in the media these days. It's a different time, with different expectations of conduct.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
One of my all-time favorite games. Right up there with good friday massacre, '71 5 goal comeback in Boston, new year's eve. I always liked comeback game 7 in 71 finals with Hawks. When Lemaire scored from center ice

Reactions: BigM2

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Got a magazine for Christmas on NHL greatest game. Too many men game was named one of greatest NHL ever. Very good quotes from players on the game.

Savard took the puck from Middleton because he seem Middleton try that inside out move on him many times. Tremblay says he knew where Lambert would be because they played 7 years together. Lambert always stuck close to net. Gilbert never played the puck going thru the crease because he thought Park would take it. Park was playing with separated shoulder, Lambert was able to best him to it. Park called his friend Walt Thachuk after game told him they would win the first game because Habs had to be injured after such a grueling series. It will take a few days for them to recover.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A CKGM mic in the scrum. Who had CKGM assigned?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
For those who didn't live in that era, cherry's comments really emphasize how the habs were in the bruins heads. They were waiting for something to go wrong.

His comments are hilarious, but i wonder what happens if a coach said that stuff today. How times change.

Reactions: SeanConn and Fixxer

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
For those who didn't live in that era, cherry's comments really emphasize how the habs were in the bruins heads. They were waiting for something to go wrong.

His comments are hilarious, but i wonder what happens if a coach said that stuff today. How times change.
This game was named in NHL top 5 games. And top 15 ever to be played

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Sounded like Ron Maclean asking the Rangers Middelton question....

Great interview, man he was exasperated.....Habs owned the Bruins for 45 years or so in da playoff, until Saint Patrick lost his nuts...lol

SeanConn

Apr 25, 2018
New Cork, New Brunswick, Canada
Cherry has always been hilarious. It’s too bad more people don’t speak their minds nowadays in the league... like about hockey I mean.

The average interview with coaches and players is so f***ing boring. This interview actually meant something.

Reactions: LeHab

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Cherry has always been hilarious. It’s too bad more people don’t speak their minds nowadays in the league... like about hockey I mean.

The average interview with coaches and players is so ****ing boring. This interview actually meant something.

That is why I always roll my eyes at the concept that access to coaches and players is important for media. They say absolutely nothing of value.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
One of my all-time favorite games. Right up there with good friday massacre, '71 5 goal comeback in Boston, new year's eve. I always liked comeback game 7 in 71 finals with Hawks. When Lemaire scored from center ice
:thumbu:

5 classics ................ of many.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

The average interview with coaches and players is so ****ing boring. This interview actually meant something.
Read today HNIC ratings have dropped significantly without him.

I was barely watching HNIC before he left. Leafs , Hughson, Simpson, Ron Macleans and the "insider" lol. No thanks.

I go right to the puck drop of my Center Ice game of the night.

HNIC as legendary as it is...............is a thing of the past in this house.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

I was barely watching HNIC before he left. Leafs , Hughson, Simpson, Ron Macleans and the "insider" lol. No thanks.

Grapes has been awful for years now..........the only people who have bothered watching for years, are the GTA crowd...no surprise they don't bother now either. Their ratings may have gone down, but most jumped ship years ago...
HNIC/Rogers will need something new, to get the ratings back...the rest of this year, will try new things, to see what they will do for next year.

Reactions: Tighthead

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Grapes has been awful for years now..........the only people who have bothered watching for years, are the GTA crowd...no surprise they don't bother now either. Their ratings may have gone down, but most jumped ship years ago...
HNIC/Rogers will need something new, to get the ratings back...the rest of this year, will try new things, to see what they will do for next year.
Could not argue with that.

Their glory years are dead and gone . Like the Canadiens.

New sheriffs in town.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009

You read wrong my friend.
Lost in all the Cherry picking — HNiC numbers are way up this season – brioux.tv

The link is from a thread on the main board, got shut down after it spiraled into politics and name calling lol.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I would want him to coach the Habs just for the pressers and as long as he doesn't have to have those company bullet points. "Oh I cannot believe Weal scored, I knew we would lose the game when that happened".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad