Player Discussion Dominik Kubalik

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Waffler

Smartest Man-Child on HF
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
If he wants to extend for $1.5 million, that's fine. He's not a liability and a good depth option.

He's played in the bottom 6 and has double digit goals.

The guy’s -23, the next lowest forward is Stutzle at -10. I don’t value plus/minus all that much, but when there’s that big of a gap, it’s a stat that tells you something.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The guy’s -23, the next lowest forward is Stutzle at -10. I don’t value plus/minus all that much, but when there’s that big of a gap, it’s a stat that tells you something.
Yeah agreed, I think there is some value to the stat when you are comparing players on the same team. Lots of variables are the same.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I'd rather have Kubalik as our 2LW and move him down if we find an internal replacement than any other capspace we might spend on that position.

Move Joseph to the third line with Greig so they both can carry that line.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'd rather have Kubalik as our 2LW and move him down if we find an internal replacement than any other capspace we might spend on that position.

Move Joseph to the third line with Greig so they both can carry that line.
Id rather see a young player get a chance than Kubalik, I hate watching him. 0 compete level. This organization needs to start building a team where guys that arent willing to do anything to win puck battles dont fit into the culture. Send him to Belleville.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Id rather see a young player get a chance than Kubalik, I hate watching him. 0 compete level. This organization needs to start building a team where guys that arent willing to do anything to win puck battles dont fit into the culture. Send him to Belleville.
I forget the guys exist almost every game until he's mentioned. He's sorta just here

Reactions: DylanSensFan

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

. . . and he was never heard from again.

The End​

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Wishing him all the best. Maybe he pulls it all together and comes back the way Dadanov did.

I thought he'd end up on a team like EDM where McDrai feeding him the puck would net him 20g

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Well, we did turn that late first into Ullmark, so it remains to be seen. If he ends up being our franchise goalie then even the original trade will have been worth it to get him in my opinion.

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Nah no way. Start of last year I heard from people who watched him play ALOT, high IQ. Right side of the puck always. Really good player. If you didn’t think that then clearly you didn’t watch him play.

Can’t believe 32 GMs don’t watch hockey
presskit_ss_bio_bert-560x420.png

• Haha
Reactions: Xspyrit

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Good riddence. Stevie Y fleeced us good.
Yep.

Cat wasnt gonna sign but still a very bad trade.

Detroit fans on this forum knew that kubalik wasn't very good before they traded him to us.

You can read the same stuff about Jensen too.

Gonna be a total repeat. Chychrun is gonna play great for his contract year and we're gonna realize we got hosed on Jensen. People here are gonna be bitching about Staios like crazy.

The only saving grace is chych is gonna play his way into a big contract and then lose interest again. And Cat still looks to me like a great player but he might be a bit too one dimensional and streaky to be a core piece of a true contender.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Yep.

Cat wasnt gonna sign but still a very bad trade.

Detroit fans on this forum knew that kubalik wasn't very good before they traded him to us.

You can read the same stuff about Jensen too.

Gonna be a total repeat. Chychrun is gonna play great for his contract year and we're gonna realize we got hosed on Jensen. People here are gonna be bitching about Staios like crazy.

The only saving grace is chych is gonna play his way into a big contract and then lose interest again. And Cat still looks to me like a great player but he might be a bit too one dimensional and streaky to be a core piece of a true contender.
ok

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON

. . . and he was never heard from again.

The End​
Someone obviously doesn't watch the Spengler Cup...:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad